Top GRAMMY Facebook and Twitter Moments Online
The 56th Grammy Awards featured tons of funny photobombs, fashion faux pas and electrifying performances. This year’s music fest also highlighted memorable moments that have been made immortal by memes, gifs and more for years to come. We’ve gathered the top GRAMMY Facebook and Twitter moments last night and have them below…
Facebook’s Top Moments
On Facebook, 6.3 million people lit the world’s largest social network with more than 13.5 million interactions related to the Grammys. A Facebook spokesperson told Mashable Monday morning that these were the top five moments:
- Queen Latifah presiding over weddings while Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert and Madonna perform a mashup of “Same Love” and “Open Your Heart”
- Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons performing “Radioactive” and “M.A.A.D City”
- Metallica and Lang Lang performing “One”
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis winning Best New Artist
- Beyonce and Jay Z opening the show
Twitter’s Top Moments
Twitter users sent 15.2 million tweets during the East Coast broadcast, with Lorde, Beyonce and Taylor Swift being the most-mentioned artists.
Meanwhile, the mashup performance by Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons was the night’s biggest moment for tweets, clocking in at 171,593 tweets per minute at its peak. [Have you downloaded the single from iTunes yet?]
Lorde’s win for Best Pop Solo Performance and her performance of “Royals” rounded out the top three peak moments with 152,688 and 146,083 tweets per minute.
We know who had a memorable night – no matter what, right Taylor?