The Five Must Have Fashion Items You Need In Your Closet NOW!
Former Rachel Zoe styling assistant Brad Goreski is more than a stylist, reality TV star and author. He’s also a guru as to what everyday women need in their everyday closets, EVERYDAY. When Brad isn’t talking beauty with Marc Jacobs, he’s dressing celebs like Jessica Alba and filming his hilarious show It’s a Brad Brad World. Busy as he is, Brad still found time to write his book Born to be Brad, filled with fun stories, fab style tips, and some amazing photos of him from fashion eras past.
Brad Goreski’s Top 5 Staples Women Can’t Live Without
1. Great t-shirts: “The neckline is up to you. Some people love a deep V. (I don’t.) But every girl should have black, gray, and white at the ready.”
2. Functional bras and seamless underwear: “A mix of functional and fashionable underwear, including seamless bras. When it comes to underwear, there’s nothing worse than a visible panty line. Sometimes it seems like nobody knows that seamless underwear exists. But Calvin Klein makes them. Commando makes them. Hanky Panky makes them. You don’t need a drawer full; a few pairs will suffice.”
3. Flats: “Whether they’re Lanvin or $19.99 flats from Target, a good pair of flats is a must.”
4. The classic white button-up shirt: “Or two white shirts, really: one oversize, one tailored. The oversize one is for that eighties Brook Shields look, which is really modern with denim. It’s also great over a bathing suit. You can belt it. You can really do anything with a white shirt. But there’s definitely a place for a tailored white shirt with a navy blazer, white jeans, and a ballet flat. And that place is on the Upper East Side.”
5. The right day bag: “Whether it’s a canvas tote or Givenchy, a day bag you love is essential. It doesn’t have to be a fashion It bag of the season, either. Grace Coddington from Vogue carries an L.L. Bean tote with her name embroidered on it. No matter what your flavor is, no matter what your style is, you should have a bag that you’re happy to carry around every day.”
Do you have all of Brad’s staples? What else do you think every woman should own?