Myth: One late payment won’t affect your credit score
Reality: It doesn’t take much for your credit score to take a hit. One late payment can stay on your record for up to seven years. Because most of the top wireless carriers use your credit score to judge whether they should give you the best deals, that means one bad decision can haunt you years later. First, always make it a priority to pay your bills on time. Second, look for a carrier that considers more than a credit check to obtain the best deals.
Myth: The advertised deals from carriers are for anyone
Reality: Wireless carriers spend $4 billion advertising their “best” deals on smartphones, yet in reality, more than half of Americans cannot get the deals because they are reserved only for those with the “best” credit. According to the Consumer Federation of America, credit score plays a “vital” role in many purchases.Myth: Almost all American adults have a smartphone Reality: At a time when mobile connectivity is sweeping the globe, the United States ranks 13th in the world in terms of smartphone penetration ? behind a dozen countries including Australia, Israel and Saudi Arabia. There are more than 100 million American adults who don’t have a smartphone according to Pew Research and the U.S. Census Bureau. A smartphone paired with the right plan for your needs can keep you connected and benefit your budget. Furthermore, many people choose to eliminate land lines and sometimes even Internet service at home to save and then solely rely on their smartphones to stay connected. Myth: You pay more for smartphones with no-contract plans Reality: Consumer Reports states it’s cheaper to buy a phone through a no-contract plan. Why? Because you finance the phone separately from your wireless service and therefore once it is paid off, your monthly bill can decrease. You will not continue to pay a higher amount after that time – unlike an annual service contract plan. Research popular no-contract prepaid and postpaid plans, like Simple Choice from T-Mobile, Verizon or WalMart Family Mobile. Loyal customers can immediately qualify based on their relationship with each carrier making the best wireless deals more accessible.
- 1GB of MORE Everything Data for 5,000 points (for qualifying Smart Rewards customers on MORE Everything data plans; valid for one full bill cycle)
- Thousands of weekly discounts on select devices and accessories, including iOS tablets, through Daily Deals and Auctions
- Early upgrades to Verizon Edge (for qualifying Smart Rewards customers within 6 months of their upgrade date)
Check out the Above The Rim experience:
Style Beat hosts Quincy, Vanessa Simmons and HFR CEO Brandice Henderson-Daniel
"I've dreamt of expanding Harlem's Fashion Row to Los Angeles and now it's become a reality. It's our first-ever event on the West Coast and we're excited to introduce our brand to the entertainment community and continue to present diversity in fashion."
- HFR Founder/CEO Brandice Henderson-Daniel
Celebrity style usie with Vanessa Williams, AJ Johnson and Tamala Jones
Celebrity guests included VH1's Basketball wives Laura and Gloria Govan, Vanessa Williams, AJ Johnson, Tamala Jones and more. Influencers got the chance to take their unique style online with Verizon's 360 interactive glam cam. The 360-degree photo/video experience captured head-to-toe shareable looks that guests shared on social media using #VZFashionMoment tag. Check out my 360 glam cam Verizon VZFashionMoment ...and more from the Style Beat event below...
The Verizon 360-glam cam was the haute spot for the Style Beat show
Designs by Kevan Hall ruled the poolside runway
These flowing florals had everyone ready for spring...
Discover the pulse of what's new and next in designer fashions with Harlem's Fashion Row all year long. Connect with Harlem's Fashion Row on Twitter, Instagram and Verizon on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook today!
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is infamous as one of the worst travel days of the year, and Verizon has partnered with several companies to create a mobile package of services intended to make travel a bit more enjoyable. Verizon plans to kick off the holiday season this year with "Connection Day" on Nov. 26. Verizon is offering additional data to customers, and teaming up with Amazon, Apple, Boingo Wireless, Condé Nast, Gogo Technologies, JetBlue and Pandora to offer entertainment, connectivity and more. The company is giving 1 gigabyte of data to its customers on the "MORE Everything" plan, after they register at verizon.com/connectionday. Those customers will also receive another gigabyte on their next billing cycle.
Any consumer who registers at the site, even if they are not a Verizon customer, can receive:
- Special mobile access to popular movies and TV shows on Nov. 26, compliments of Verizon FiOS, by downloading the free FiOS Preview app.
- A selection of 10 free/discounted apps on Amazon, plus two free Audible book downloads (new members) or $10 Audible credit (current members)
- A special offer from Apple iTunes to be revealed on Nov. 26
- Free Digital Edition downloads of 17 Condé Nast Publications, including Wired, Vanity Fair and GQ.
- 30-minute complimentary Internet sessions through Boingo Wireless (at airports) and Gogo Technologies (in-flight)
- Free in-flight Fly-Fi (Wi-Fi) for flights between Nov. 26 and Dec. 24
- A free seven-day trial of Pandora One
Whether he’s working on the set of NBC’s “Crisis,” or starring in big screen dramas like “Temptation,” Lance Gross is quite busy these days. We recently caught up with the Verizon Potential of Us influencer, and he told us the top five apps he can’t live without:
- Instagram — In this business, I meet a lot of great people and travel to beautiful places. I love posting pictures of the people I’ve met and places I’ve visited along the way.
- iTunes — I don’t know where I’d be without my music. iTunes gives me easy access to my favorite songs at all times. There’s nothing like sitting back and listening to some tunes after a long day.
- Vine — I love to watch videos on Vine. It’s amazing what people can do in six seconds.
- Flight Tracking App — I’m always traveling, so having flight information in the palm of my hand is convenient. This flight tracking app allows me to manage my trips, check flight statuses and choose travel preferences.
- Photo Editor — I’m an avid photographer. With tools that allow me to fix red eyes or add effects to my photos, this app is a one-stop shop for picture editing.
Tune Into SummerSummer concert season is in full swing and whether you plan on investing in thousand-dollar tickets to see Jay Z and Beyonce or taking part of the overflow of Outkast summer festival concerts there are tons of ways to capture and share your summer concert memories all year long. Are you an instant concert Instagrammer? Do you share your concert summer Vines almost immediately? Discover some of the latest summer concert trends and see how you measure to other music lovers like you below.
Tune Into Summer Concerts
Tune Into Summer Concerts
via Verizon Wireless