The deadline to file your taxes is closing in (this year, tax day is April 17), and if you’ve got simple forms to file and a few minutes before Tuesday, you can easily file using your iPhone. Both H&R Block and TurboTax offer iPhone apps to help you prepare and file your 1040EZ forms before the deadline. What are you waiting for? Get more info on each below.
- H&R Block at Home – This app makes it easy to file your federal and state taxes on the go. Snap a pic of your W2 and import it into your return, even get alerts when your return is accepted and on its way to your bank account. Plus, your information can be transferred over from your federal to your state return for easy completion. The upside to this app is that it’s free to prepare and free to e-file.
- TurboTax SnapTax – File both your federal and state taxes by snapping a photo of your W2s and answering a few questions. You can e-file both federal and state returns, but it’ll cost you $25.
Thank you to TurboTax for sponsoring my writing about household finances.Learn more about how TurboTax can help you find every tax deduction you deserve. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.
As you know, it’s tax season people and if you’re anything like me you’re looking forward to your tax-refund as a little bitty slice of heaven. (Ok, maybe not heaven – but at least it’s a vacation or something…) As I began to pre-plan on what I was going to do with my refund, I thought about it and said to myself “I Need A Magical Gadget To Change How I Save Money?” So here’s my mini-list on gadgets that I’ve begun using to help me keep track of my hard-earned tax refund.
1. Coin-Counting Jar: Like E AND B BRANDS DIGITAL COIN COUNTING JAR found on Amazon.com; CVS.com and available nationwide. This little savior makes it easy to count up your coins without them wasting away at the bottom of your purse. (Personally, once a week I grab up all the loose change at the bottom of my purse and by the time the jar is filled I saved up $67.15 – enough for a pair of VERY cute Steve Madden pumps.)
2. iPad App Review: Budget Easy
The idea of this application is that it offers everything that you could possibly need in order to budget for your month or week. You will be able to do a number of things that will really allow you to organise your money a lot better than you normally would and prevent you from overspending, as well as keeping track of what you have spent. There are a number of great features for this application with one of the best being that way that you can automatically get calculations for the amount that you are planning to spend in a month. You will be able to add categories, details of where you want to spend your money and more. You will also be able to automatically summarize all of your expenses over the course of a month and you will then be able to display what you have actually spent next to what you were hoping to spend for a good look at how you did.
3. Neat Scanning System: No tax season would be complete without receipts and finding a better way to organize them. How about using a scanning system as easy as this? Neat’s integrated scanner and software solutions capture and organize key information from your receipts, business cards and documents – so you can manage it, share it, and securely store it.
From banking gadgets to financial apps to office equipment, there are tons of ways to help save yourself some money, but when it comes to getting the most out of your money – why don’t you control that aspect of your life simple and easy by doing your taxes easily with Turbo Tax. The do-it-yourself, step by step instructions assist you in saving time and money (Hello??? Do you really know how much you get charged by using a tax preparer??) and don’t you feel a little better about yourself, when you save yourself some dough??? #justsaying