1. Pour yourself a glass of wine.
2. Go through every single hanger, box, and drawer…
- Take out anything you haven’t worn in a year or more!
- Take out anything that still has a tag! (unless you just purchased it)
- Take out anything that will fit if only you lose 10 more pounds!
- Take out anything damaged or falling apart!
- BONUS: Take out anything that’s currently out of season
Now that there is more out of your closets than in, here’s what to do with it!
- Items you haven’t worn in a year, still have tags, or don’t fit divide them into a donate pile and a consignment pile! If you’re not going to wear it might as well give it or sell it to someone else who will! Bag them up and put them by your front door!
- Items that are worn out beyond recognition, THROW THEM AWAY!
- Items that are damaged, put them in a different bag and take them to you favorite seamstress or tailor for repair.
3. Now ORGANIZE!
- Sort your clothing by type, dress shirts, pants , skirts and dresses. I’m pretty anal so I even organize by sleeve length and color, and all my hangers MUST face the same way!
- They have organizational tools or every shape and size, Ikea is more cost friendly, The Container Store is pricier! Pick up:
- clear boxes in various sizes,
- space bags,
- bins, baskets
- under the bed boxes
- Organize your shoes in labeled shoeboxes you picked up stacked or just on the floor if you have a walk in closet.
- Put out of season clothes into containers inside (if you have room) or outside the closet under the bed.
INGLOT’s Artist Lounge radiates beauty inspiration from every corner and offers pro-members an array of services not found under any other roof. Makeup artists will find themselves immersed in astudio that is sure to become their next beauty haven. The opportunities are endless here for INGLOT pro-members! Artists can book one of the many spaces during business hours and gain access to the entire INGLOT range of products. Hold your wedding trials, business meetings, and photo shoots here! The best news is, these services are offered to pro-members free of charge for a limited time! In addition to the space, make use of the wide screen television for presentations, complete state of the art sound system, catering facilities for any refreshments you may bring, and all the INGLOT products you could ever want. So why not meet new clients, entertain old ones, attend a class or even host your own?
“The New York INGLOT Artist Lounge, the one-stop support shop for all industry professionals. The perfect complimentary space for business lunches, makeup trials, promotional events, parties, photo shoots, research projects and more.” Mr. Wojtek Inglot, Creator and Founder of INGLOT Cosmetics But that’s not all! Beginning in January, and each month throughout 2013, INGLOT’s Artist Lounge will be full of workshops and inspiration! Top makeup artists in the industry will be on-site to train and educate other pro-members in their craft. Stay tuned for more announcements coming soon! The “Artist Lounge” is located on the fifth floor at Chelsea Market, 75 9th Avenue (between 15th and 16th Street), New York, NY 10011. For more information on how to become a pro-member, please visit http://www.inglotusa.com/promembers.
Last week, I got the opportunity to check out the new Microsoft speciality store in the intersection of the world - Times Square! Check out a few of this holiday's top gift picks and more below...
SHHHHHHHH....WE HAVE A SECRET FOR YOU! For those of you Divas and Divos who do not have an H&M store in your city, we have great news for you!
H&M is in it's final stages of launching it's online store JUST FOR YOU! According to my sources, the release date hasn't been announced just yet, but save your coins for your Fall Fashion & Holiday spending because the site may go live any day now...
What's your must-have H&M item for the season?
Comment below 🙂