As you may have noticed, all this week the entire world is excited and getting ready for New Year’s Eve and January 1st 2011.
“A winning effort begins with preparation.” – Joe Gibbs
With this thought in mind, a few divas and dorks that I know have decided to dedicate today to create our vision and preparation for 2011! I’m sure that you’re familiar with Vision Boards right? If not, check out the definition below.
A vision board is a collage of images, pictures and affirmations of your dreams and desires. It can also be called a dream board, treasure map or vision map.
Vision boards are a great way to make you feel positive, and are helpful if you are using the law of attraction.
Today is a great day to take the time, prepare and organize for your 2011 success by creating a Vision Board for yourself. Don’t know how to create your own vision board? We’ve got you covered!
What You’ll Need
Cork Board or Poster Board (Need a Board? Click HERE.)
1. Decide the main theme of your board. It may be based on something specific you wish to accomplish or obtain, or it may be a general idea of everything that makes you happy.
2. Find pictures that correspond with your theme. Use images from old magazines, photographs, or from the Internet.
3. Print (if necessary) and cut out your pictures. You may wish to place a picture of yourself in the center as it shows you being surrounded by the things you desire.
4. Type or write some affirmations that correspond with your theme.
5. Glue your pictures and affirmations to your poster board and pin them to your cork board. Only attach pictures that pertain to your theme. You should even pay attention to small unwanted items in the background of pictures
6. Hang your vision board in a place you will see every day. I’m hanging mine on my bathroom mirror, I look at it everyday…actually, I have my best ideas and thought-provoking ideas in my bathroom – so it only makes sense that I have my vision board in there…(#dontjudgeme)
7. View your board at least once a day, and focus on the objects, sayings and theme of your board.
Today’s new technology makes getting daily life and finances organized easier than ever! We know that each one of you wish you had more time — but, since the time fairy isn’t granting any wishes right now, here are several gadgets to help you organized this year! From laundry to running out the door to that important meeting, I’ve listed several gadgets that are sure to shave off a couple of minutes in my daily routine
Cut the clutter in your life by digitizing the receipts and business cards with NeatReceipts. An added bonus? These scans are not only auto-organized, they are also accepted by the IRS. There are plenty of similar scanning programs on the market and they all pretty much do the same thing. If you don have one yet, I’d suggest you get one (you’ll thank me come tax time )
You can say goodbye to the half-dozen charging cords you power up your life with when you use aChargepod to renew your electronic devices. This gadget uses adaptors and a single power cord to charge up to 6 devices at the same time. Since I normally charge my electronics on my laptop, this chargepod is a god-send…this way I can remove the chord-octopus from my workspace and to a dedicated charging area.
Fold clothes and linens like a pro with a folding tool like FlipFOLD. This folding gizmo save time and dresser space while making clothes look retail-presentable. (There’s nothing like going into a closet filled with folded shirts – like they’re fresh off the retail shelves…)
Each night, put keys, sunglasses, and anything you need for the next day in a handy holder. This handy gadget, called the Doorganizer©, even has a place for your cell phone. Who knew you could even organize your door!