Is it just us or does NYFW suck away all of your energy too? The NYFW madness has just begun and we’ve been running to fashion shows, hopping in and out of cabs, waiting impatiently for the trains and just as quickly as it began, it's now almost over.
Since we’ve survived another hectic fashion week we've decided to reward everyone for their hard work. We're bringing our Relax, Renew and Recharge event back with AT&T and this time, we've moved closer to the fashion week action - just steps away from Milk Studios in Chelsea NYC.
This year, we have some amazing prizes and gift bags for all our hard-working NYFW friends and we can't wait to catch up, talk shop and Relax, Renew and Recharge from all the fashion week excitement this season!
Relax, Renew & Recharge with INGLOT & AT&T
RELAX with an evening of free blow-outs, makeovers and beauty consultations by the world’s leading beauty brands. RENEW with a little “retail therapy” – complementary INGLOT gift cards for shopping during the event. RECHARGE from NYFW by tweeting for a chance to win AT&T smartphones, gift cards and more than $1000 in prizes!
Did you miss our last #NYFWRRR event? Relive the experience here and don't forget to reserve your spot for an amazing celebration of Fashion Week Survival below! See you there!
Click here to RSVP: nyfwrrr.eventbrite.com
It's that time of year again, the time when fashionistas far and wide travel to the epicenter of all things fabulous and fashionable in New York – it’s New York Fashion Week. It may just be seven days on a calendar, but as anyone in the industry will tell you, it feels way longer than just a week. midnight deadlines, traffic jams, it's a whole lot of stress.
[Must Read: The High Price of Street Style Hype]From finding out where to snag the best food, how to keep your phone from dying and more - we've got the tips and tricks you need that'll help you survive New York Fashion Week like a pro!
[Must Read: Tips To Surviving New York Fashion Week]Check out the teaser video below and let us know what you’d like to see from this season’s fashion week fun in the comments section below.
Following pre runway buzz on NYMAG.com’s designer inspiration mood board, and Pantone’s Fashion Color Report for 2014 - editors, bloggers and fashion buyers from around the globe were eager to see the Fall/Winter 14 collections turned out by Aussie designers, including established eveningwear designer Steven Khalil, up and coming designer, Philippa Galasso and contemporary legwear brand Tightology.
Philippa GalassoEach collection stayed true to the designer’s signature form and did not disappoint. Showing for the second time at NYFW, Philippa Galasso expanded her collection this season, adding long gowns, with beaded embellishments, leather and feather accents in rich hues of navy blue and emerald green. ABOUT PHILIPPA GALASSO Philippa Galasso is the fresh, young talent behind the eponymous Philippa Galasso eveningwear label. Her collections, which originated in Sydney, Australia, have gained a global reputation for their mystical shades, cutting-edge shapes, striking lines and delicate fabrics. The designer’s quintessentially feminine silhouettes have been especially well received in France, where she showcased her collection at the ‘Festival de Cannes’ in 2012 and appeared in Elle Magazine Paris. Philippa — whose credentials include an Australian Wool Award and a diploma from Sydney’s prestigious Ultimo TAFe College — debuted her Summer 2014 collection at New York Fashion Week in September.
Steven KhalilAs always Steven Khalil turned out show-stopping gowns, in an assortment of colors from white to rose gold with laser cut accents, and in a departure from his usual look, he added a black long calf length dress with a full skirt in water washed French silk. ABOUT STEVEN KHALIL Steven Khalil, a designer at the forefront of Australian eveningwear and bridal couture, creates sophisticated and romantic gowns with timeless appeal. The Steven Khalil brand is synonymous with luxury. His handcrafted gowns are a go-to for stylish stars, including Keira Knightley and Aussie celebrities Delta Goodrem and Kate Richie. Steven’s designs, renowned for their custom fit and superior quality, have attracted a client base from all over the world.
TightologyTightology chose to keep it simple, having the tights speak for themselves sending an intriguing fusion of bold prints and colorful patterns down the runway with models styled with severe hair buns parted down the middle by Cutler Salon and minimal makeup by AJ Crimson. ABOUT TIGHTOLOGY Tightology established in 2009, Tightology is an Australian company devoted entirely to the production of original and contemporary legwear. The label, which offers its apparel in a variety of colors and patterns, has become a leading brand across the globe. Tightology fuses style with environmental consciousness by using fair-trade practices and sustainably sourced materials to create its must-have tights and socks. The label’s approach to design is a product of the team’s core belief —lead, don’t follow. Beyond creating unique designs, the brand also pledges to provide quality. Tightology offers playful, bold apparel suitable for all occasions.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Timo Weiland DESIGN DIRECTOR: Alan Eckstein HEAD DESIGNER: Donna Kang Filled with plenty of patterns, prints and polka dots, the Timo Weiland show was one of the cleanest ready-to-wear shows I've seen all season long. The Fall 2014 collection drew on Timo's local New York design concept, and built upon it in reflection of the Hudson River, and adventurous weekends spent upstate with friends. Inspiration for this collection also came from a still from an unnamed Cindy Sherman film. In the still, a woman with a short, brazen haircut is stopped on a bicycle in the middle of the road, harshly looking back at something unknown. Behind the woman is a blurred barren road, leading off into the mountains. To Timo & Alan, this translated to a vibrant take on earthy tones, textured knits, plaids, and a mix of graphic prints. Look 25: "Ansley" Polka Dot Crewneck Knit with "Taryn" Pencil Skirt in Painted Dot.
Look 19: "Warren" Buffalo Plaid Knit with "Taryn" Plaid Pencil Skirt.
Look 6: "Carrie" Dress in blue, teal, black, and white stripe.
Look 4: "Tracy" T-Shirt in Blue Metallic Leather with "Bianca" Ottoman Knit Skirt in blue and white.
Check out the entire Timo Weiland Fall/Winter Show finale walk below:
With NYFW shows scattered throughout the entire city and the introduction of The Pavilion- a brand new venue at Lincoln Center, and The Hub at Hudson-a flexible presentation space for emerging talent just minutes from the Tents, it's practically impossible to watch all the shows - all the time, until now. The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2014 Collections have been much talked about over the last few weeks following the announcement of new changes for the shows and now we have your front row seat to all the action. If you're looking to find all the New York Fashion Week shows all in one place, you've found it! Watch all of the streaming New York Fashion Week shows on the go with DivasandDorks.com. Once again, we have ALL of the official Mercedes Benz Fashion Week shows streaming live on the web and on your smartphone device. That means, no matter if you're running late to a show - or if you're stuck inside a show waiting for the fashion to begin, you'll always have a constant stream of fashion in the palm of your hands - right here and right now!
The preliminary lineup for the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2014 Collections includes: NICHOLAS K, BCBGMAXAZRIA, RAOUL, RICHARD CHAI, CREATURES OF THE WIND, TADASHI SHOJI, DESIGUAL, TOME, MARISSA WEBB, DANIEL VOSOVIC, TODD SNYDER, GO RED FOR WOMEN ®/THE HEART TRUTH ® RED DRESS COLLECTIONSM, MARK AND ESTEL, ZIMMERMANN, REBECCA VALLANCE, CARMEN MARC VALVO, PEDRO DEL HIERRO MADRID, TRINA TURK, NAUTICA, REBECCA MINKOFF, HACHE, NICOLE MILLER, CHARLOTTE RONSON, ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY, EMERSON BY JACKIE FRASER-SWAN, RUFFIAN, LACOSTE, JILL STUART, SON JUNG WAN, KOONHOR, HERVÉ LÉGER BY MAX AZRIA, MARA HOFFMAN, ADEAM, IVAN AGUILAR, MONIQUE LHUILLIER, ASIA FASHION COLLECTION, VENEXIANA, LELA ROSE, DKNY, DAVID TLALE, CUSTO BARCELONA, PARKCHOONMOO, DIANE VON FURSTENBERG, VIVIENNE TAM, GEORGINE, MESKITA, MATHIEU MIRANO, CAROLINA HERRERA, NOON BY NOOR, TOMMY HILFIGER, ANGEL SANCHEZ, DENNIS BASSO, ALON LIVNÉ, MILLY BY MICHELLE SMITH, KATYA LEONOVICH, REEM ACRA, RICARDO SECO, ZAC POSEN, DONNA KARAN NEW YORK, TORY BURCH, J.CREW, BADGLEY MISCHKA, JENNY PACKHAM, DIESEL BLACK GOLD, LIBERTINE, NAEEM KHAN, CONCEPT KOREA, PAMELLA ROLAND, MM6 MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA, SKINGRAFT, THE ART INSTITUTES, MICHAEL KORS, NANETTE LEPORE, LIE SANG BONG, KAUFMANFRANCO, HUGO BOSS, BETSEY JOHNSON, MARIST COLLEGE PRESENTS BETSEY JOHNSON REPRISE, CLOVER CANYON, CUTECIRCUIT, ANNA SUI, ZANG TOI, RALPH LAUREN, RACHEL ZOE, J. MENDEL, CALVIN KLEIN, BIBHU MOHAPATRA and HERNAN LANDER. How do you keep up with all of the New York Fashion Week action? Are you running from show to show or catching the latest fashion roundups online? What are some of your favorite fashion blogs covering New York Fashion Week? Share your insights below.
1. Stop Keeping Your iPhone Plugged in Overnight...Letting your iPhone charge while you sleep at night might be convenient, but it's not the best way to keep your iPhone damage free during this busy week. Leaving your iPhone plugged in after it's already fully charged can damage your battery over time and it could start dying more quickly. Try charging it throughout the days you can unplug it once it's fully charged.
2. Give Your iPhone a Time Out...You really should be turning your phone off periodically, or your battery will die faster than it should. Leaving it on and idle stresses the battery, experts say. If you, like me - use your phone as an alarm clock, consider picking up a cheap desktop alarm and shut your phone off at night (you'll save radiation exposure AND give your smartphone the break that it deserves.)
3. Stop Leaving the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Enabled All the Time...When your iPhone has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled and isn't using one or both, it's just wasting energy. As you wander around, navigating throughout the city for your next show, you're not likely going to need or want Wi-Fi or Bluetooth all the time. You're better off leaving both off and just turning them on when you need them.
4. Filming shows in portrait mode...Hey you! Did you know that you're actually supposed to film videos horizontally - not vertically? You've seen those videos filmed in vertically mode - not cute. Film your awesome fashion week moments the correct way, so that your friends and family can enjoy them without the "black frame of death".
5. Protect Your iPhone With A Passcode...According to Apple, half of iPhone users do not lock their phones. If you don't have a passcode on your iPhone and it's stolen, your identity and personal information is completely open and available for the thief to grab. And while you're at it - quit walking around with your iPhone in your hand. Around 40 percent of the robberies in major cities (including NYC) now involve mobile devices, so it's actually pretty dangerous to walk around carelessly with your iPhone out. If you keep these tips in mind while navigating through the fashion week chaos, your iPhone will thank you and last as long as you do! Did we miss anything? What are your favorite smartphone tips and tricks you use during New York Fashion Week? Share your ideas and tips below.
1. Pack plenty of snacks! “Sometimes it’s hard to find the time to eat!” bemoans celebrity fashion stylist, Robyn Goldberg. To combat those unwelcome ‘hanger’ pains, she suggests packing a protein bar in your purse. International celebrity stylist Ann Caruso adds in her two cents, advising others to pack “healthy snacks in [your] bag like walnuts and almonds.” Seems easy enough!
2. Hydrate. Let’s face it – running from show-to-show is exhausting! Don’t forget to give your body the fuel it needs to recover. Caruso recommends, “drink green juices as much as [you] can and lots of water!”
4. Invest in a portable charger. With all the tweeting, texting and Instagramming, there’s no telling how long your phone will weather the storm! Best be safe and pack yourself a back-up charger. You won’t want to miss out on that perfect Instagram-worthy runway moment! [Check out my favorite universal portable charger here.]
5. Uber is your friend. “If you can afford it, try to get a car service or hook up with friends who do, [especially] when you have back-to-back shows in difference places,” Caruso advises, “so you are not killing yourself trying to find taxis and then being late to shows!” [Sign up for Uber and get a special discount here.]
6. Bring flats! Your feet deserve it. Really! “Keep a pair of flats in your bag for running around in between shows. Those heels can get your feet after a full day of running back and forth!” says Goldberg. Now that you have these useful New York Fashion Week and busy, non-stop week tips - where are you off to first? Are you planning to enjoy New York Fashion week? Share any of your favorite survival guide tips or links below.
Duane Reade #Dr1mm
New York Fashion Week is in full swing and it already has already claimed the sanity of many stylish show goers. Both veterans and new attendees alike know that you only have so much room, so much energy, and so much head space to get it right and make the most out of your NYFW experience. But did you know that there are fashion week essentials necessary to keep your fashion week moving smooth and that you can get them all at your neighborhood Duane Reade?New York Fashion Week survival items like aspirin, band-aids, snacks and makeup can all be found in your favorite Duane Reade shopping aisle for your fashion overload relief. Last week, I stopped inside of the Duane Reade across from Lincoln Center to ask fashion fans about their New York Fashion week shopping experience. With thousands of items in store everyday, there are a million reasons to shop Duane Reade.
Check out my recent Duane Reade shopping experience and if you're looking for New York Fashion Week fun, stop by Duane Reade for a fashion event filled with beauty, giftbags and fun. Stop by for FREE beauty goodies and makeovers while being served youthH2O Age Defying Smoothies at the Fashion Week Beauty Event taking place on 9/12 from 4-8pm at the Duane Reade Look Boutique at 1889 Broadway. Learn more via Duane Reade below.
BCBGMAXAZRIA Then & Now
"Every year the women of New York leave the past behind and look forward to the future...this is known as fashion week." - Carrie Bradshaw 'Sex and the City'BCBGMAXAZRIA Then & Now Every New York Fashion Week, I find myself looking back at seasons past to guide my Lincoln Center uniform and get a gasp on closet "must haves" for the upcoming season. Drifting through magazines in search for the season's hottest trends, can become a bit cumbersome - so I thought, why not just go back to the source? Designer runways is where all the hot trends are birthed, so why not revisit designer runway pasts while in anticipation of next season's hautest looks. Looking for ways to transition your summer wardrobe into cool, crisp Autumn months? One word. Layers. Silk shift dresses laid the foundation of the BCBGMAXAZRIA gypsy-infused Fall 2013. Add cleanly knit, slouchy sweaters and beanies coupled with a choice of loose-fitting outerwear and you've got the collection down in a nutshell. If you're anxious to slip into Fall fashions early, check out more Fall runway trends to try with Five Fall Fashion Trends You Can Wear Today...
BCBGMAXAZRIA Then & Now
BCBGMAXAZRIA Then:Need a reminder of BCBGMAXAZRIA looks fresh off the runway for Fall 2013, here are a few standout looks and full runway show below.
BCBGMAXAZRIA Then & Now
BCBGMAXAZRIA Now:If this Fall's collection was all about layers, then Spring is all about shedding them towards fashion freedom with these easy-to-wear looks from BCBGMAXAZRIA collection. Spread across a neutral palette, the models showcased pops of life with snake-embossed leather skirts, watercolor floral prints, and embroidered tulle tops. Anyone can be BCBG, and this show proved just how effortless it is. Now for a look into the future, BCBGMAXAZRIA debuts the Spring 2014 looks earlier today from New York Fashion Week.
What do you think about BCBGMAXAZRIA Fall 2013 vs Spring 2014 collections? Are you ready to incorporate layers into your daily wardrobe or are you ready to be in a Spring-like state of mind?