August 11th, 2011 by Christen
IT’S BAAAACK! IFB Conference on Sep. 7, 2011 at Milk Studios in New York City. Whether you just launched your blog or already have a bevy of readers, this is the event to mingle with fellow bloggers while learning how to take your blog to the next level (i.e. the top!)
Last NYFW, the IFB Conference brought together over 300 fashion bloggers while 10,000 viewers tuned in from around the world via live stream. Be a part of this monumental event as the sixth semi-annual IFB Conference continues to unite fashion bloggers and examines the evolving influence of the online blogging community. Top fashion bloggers will discuss hot-button blogging issues and a keynote speech from a major industry pro will cap the day’s events. Some of the panel discussions will include:
Evolution of Fashion Media
- Gone are the days when fashion media was all about glossy magazines and red carpet photos. As mainstream media moves online, how do blogs differentiate themselves from fashion sites? This panel–an IFB Conference first–will touch on this and more.
Bloggers Tool Kit
- Learn how to promote yourself through social media and find out which metrics work best for bloggers. Are Twitter and Facebook really all that effective? Find out here.
Is the Social Media Business broken?
- Critics say that social media is dying ,but perhaps it’s just broken. This panel will discuss the role bloggers play in the social media landscape and what the future holds for this rapidly-changing form of media.
Balancing Act: Business & Blogging
- Need tips on how to approach brand partnerships gracefully? We’ve got you covered. We’ll be discussing the relationship between PR/Marketing/Advertising and bloggers, as well as delving into the subject of ethical blogging practices.
More information about the panels, speakers, and keynote address will be available once General Admission tickets are released.
- General admission tickets are available now for $60 (while tickets last)
* A limited number of Non-IFB Member/Corporate tickets will also be available at an early bird rate of $299 starting Monday, August 8. Price will go up to $499 starting Monday, August 15, or once early bird tickets sell out.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Registration price includes a full day of panels, lunch and fabulous gift bag!
Can’t make it to NYC? Check out the Live Stream on September 7!
Check out Independent Fashion Bloggers at www.heartifb.com
May 19th, 2011 by Christen
MOBILE MAVENS: MAKING SAVVY AND STYLISH CHOICES TO IMPROVE OUR BLOGS
Edited by Maggie Battles
Trends and technology move at a rapid speed these days and along with that comes unlimited choices. We can choose from a variety of blogging platforms, we can shoot from any number of cameras and shop from any number of online boutiques. There’s so many styles and options to choose from in fashion and technology that we’re constantly evolving our taste to match each moment in time. This weeks Links has a collection of examples on how to take your blog to the next level. The following are a group of links with helpful advice on everything from how to work with PR people, to switching to a new blogging platform and to navigating user-generated fashion on the web. I trust that many of these links will prove to be very useful to all of you. Happy posting!
LINKS À LA MODE: TECH
April 12th, 2011 by Tech Staff
CREATIVITY & PRODUCTIVITY: BLOGGING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
Edited by Christen Rochon
Us 21st Century girls have the best of both worlds, fashion and technology. We’re actively embracing the new trends, sharing the latest information and using social media to influence and further connect both the fashion and technology world into the same realm. Each week we share more information among each other for the better development of ourselves as bloggers as well as deeper insight into the fashion and tech industry that we all love. From the latest displays of fashion to specific tools that will help you become a better blogger, this week’s Links A La Mode: Tech has a variety of links that I’m sure will spark inspiration and give you ideas on how to improve your creativity and productivity. I’m looking forward to connecting further with each of you in this tech sisterhood and growing together…
LINKS À LA MODE: TECH – APRIL 12TH
For more Links a la Mode: Tech Weekly Round Up visit heartifb.com
April 7th, 2011 by Christen
LINKS À LA MODE: TECH – WEEK OF APRIL 5TH
For more fashionable tech talk…join Independent Fashion Bloggers here.