Tablet buyers may see the iPad 2 sink away as the iPad Mini prepares to surface, says Evercore Partners analyst Rob Cihra. According to Chira - Apple could phase out the iPad 2 because the company's vision leads toward "clearer product tiers,". Apple is expected to unveil the iPad Mini at a launch event on October 23.
Launched in March 2011, the 16GB iPad 2 is currently available through Apple at a price of $399 for the Wi-Fi only version and $529 for the Wi-Fi + 3G edition. In contrast, the new iPadstarts at a price of $499 for the 16GB Wi-Fi version and shoots up to $829 for the 64GB model with Wi-Fi and 4G.Apple has teased at a smaller iPad, using the term "we've got a little more to show you" on the invites for the October 23 event. But the company hasn't yet officially announced any such device, so there's been only speculation about it. Some reports say the smaller tablet will be available November 2nd and sport a 7.85-inch screen with the entry-level model offering 8GB of storage and Wi-Fi only access and a price tag of $249. I'll admit, I was once a faithful iPad 2 user until I purchased my Macbook air earlier this year. My primary love for these Apple products was because of one reason, mobility. Since I'm always on the go, you can most-likely catch me with my Macbook air and doing work while I have free time during the day. However, I probably won't be intrigued by the the iPad Mini once it's announce next week and released next month, simply because if it's anything like the iPhone 5 release, it'll probably fall short to it's competing Samsung product.) Are you excited about the new iPad Mini? Are you an iPad 2 owner or New iPad owner looking forward to getting the new iPad mini counterpart or do you think it's just another status quo product on the market?
A historical puzzler. A father and two teens race to prevent a terrorist attack predicted centuries ago by Nostradamus. But will anyone believe them?2. Diary of a Serial Killer, fiction by F. Cameron Lee
A serial killer's world and crimes seen from his own point of view.3. 101 Romantic Ideas To Woo Her, relationships by Michael Webb
Female readers love this book, which should ensure its wild success with men who could use a little help when planning a romantic surprise. Here's one: Add an artificial rose to a real bouquet with a card reading "I will love you until the last rose fades."4. Clearwater Journals, mystery by Al Rennie
Joe Holiday, an ex-cop pulled into a cold case murder investigation, finds himself and the victim's sister the targets of a master villain.5. After the Facts: An After Coffman Mystery, mystery by Vincent M. Lutterbie
After Coffman's P.I. career pits him against drug lords, gun runners and the local police homicide squad, but his greatest foe may be a cat.6. A Convenient Solution, fiction by Trevor Whitton
High stakes intrigue ensues when a French Cardinal is arrested on spurious charges and Pope Clement sends an envoy to investigate. Set in 14th century France, whose king is challenging the papacy.7. Beginning at the End, romance by Nicole Duffeck
A childhood dream draws Ella back from the brink of suicide following her father's death and her devastating discovery that her husband is cheating on her.8. The Landlord, fiction by Ken Merrell
Five young girls are dead in a small Utah community. Officer Rick Stacy and his K-9 dog, Sig, are unable to prevent a sixth. Can they forestall number seven?9. A Bridge of Time, fiction by Lou Tortola
Physics, mysticism or maternal bonds transport William back to the 19th century. Can he return or will the Natural Bridge tie him to a past he never knew?10. Blindsight, romance by Kait Nolan
A man who deals in death offers to rescue seer Isla from a paranormal crime lord. What does such a man want?
This is just a short list of tricks that you can use --- make sure to check back as we'll have more tricks soon!
9. Made from Italian leather, the front of this iPad sheath is embossed with the classic Burberry logo. The zip closure and protective interior leather keeps your tablet secure. Available in Black Patent, Gold Oxide, Jet Blue, and Rasberry Sorbet. $475 | us.burberry.com
8. Sporting the classic and timeless design known to all Chanel products, this clutch is the little black dress to your iPad. It's made from quilted lambskin and features the signature Chanel logo on the zipper pull. $1,555 | www.chanel.com
7. Cole Haan's sleeve is made from snake print leather, and is embossed with the designers subtle logo on the bottom right. The leather tab closure and suede lining offers some protection for your favorite tablet. Also available in Black/Red, Whiskey Burnished, and White Patent Croc Print. $99 | www.colehaan.com
6. On the lighter side of fashion, Juicy Couture's iPad case is fun and luxurious. It's shimmery leather features custom cutouts and a soft cotton polka-dot interior. It also does double duty as a stand for easy media watching. It's also available in black. $128 | www.bloomingdales.com
5. From the cutting edge of fashion, Oscar de le Renta covers the iPad in colored snake skin; choose from blue, red, or yellow. The ultra suede lining and snap closure keep your iPad secure, while the inspired design sends out a message of fearless style. $390 | www.oscardelarenta.com
4. The simple, yet sophisticated black leather is the epitome of understated class. The classic gold Y monogram closure hearkens a timeless pocketbook from this same designer. $795 | www.ysl.com
3. Ferragamo products are known for their exquisite craftsmanship, and the two iPad cases here are no exception. The envelope-like design with magnetic closure is made from European farmed calfskin leather or beige canvas and brown leather trim. The inside is lined with Alcantara, which will help prevent scratches. $290 | www.ferragamo.com
2. Slim clamshell luxurious design.Iconic detailing and customized design with contemporary style and quality.Michael Kors silver color signature ... $129.99 | MichaelKors.com
1. Set to release in early 2011, Louis Vuitton's iPad sleeve comes in two of the brand's most famous patterns, the classic Monogram and the monochrome Damier Graphite. Stylish and practical, the canvas exterior provides protection against dings, as do the microfiber lining. $390 | www.louisvuitton.com