Yesterday, I embarked on an experience unlike any other. Speaking in front of over 350 fashion bloggers, stylists, writers and more during the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference at Milk Studios. I was absolutely nervous, but all in all had a phenomenal time. As the moderator for the first panel of the day, the pressure was on to kick the conference off right. (Thinking to myself, speak slowly, but not too slow…keep the questions coming but not too fast, segways, remember segways…this is a conversation and it has to flow organically…)
After I calmed down the hundreds of voices in my head, I was able to introduce myself, the panelists and conduct the first panel discussion of the day – BLOGGING TOOLKIT with ease and success!
Don’t believe me? Check me out on the live stream below…
Following the variety of congratulatory messages and tweets (which truly warmed my heart…) – I went straight for the fun stuff!
Hair makeover and Minx Nails!!! OW!
Check out Michael and the team with KMS California USA hair products taming this mane…
The big reveal left me speechless…(and absolutely in love with my big bouncy curls…)
Then onto the Minx manicure…FIERCE.COM
As my first blogger fashion experience, this conference was great for for networking, learning tips for successful blogging, and checking out the great fashions! FULL RECAP I can’t wait until next year, until then…I’m off to enjoy the beginning of my Fashion Week…WISH ME LUCK!
It’s almost here! I’ve stocked up on my energy drinks, vitamins, workout regimens and I’m ready to start Fashion Week!
Of course, Divas and Dorks will have your first looks from the runways including “Ready To Wear” “Ready To Couture” and catching up with your favorite celebrities attending the shows, parties and beyond!
This weekend my Pre Fashion Week festivities begins with a Haute Happy Hour with my blogging buddies and carries onto multiple pre fashion week brunch dates (and later a pre fashion week prayer breakfast…lol) to catch up with my favorite fashionistas.
Next week, On September 7th I’ll be the moderator for the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference where we’ll be discussing the ultimate Blogger’s Tool Kit and what you need to become a successful blogger in fashion. Learn how to promote yourself through social media and find out which metrics work best for bloggers. Are Twitter and Facebook really all that effective? Moderator: Christen Rochon, Divas & Dorks • Panelists: Leandra Medine, Man Repeller • Vahni Georgulakos, Grit and Glamour • Sammy Davis, Sammy Davis Vintage • Erica Chan Coffman and Lauren Kolodny, Honestly WTF, Alisa Gould Simon of Pose.com
During Fashion’s Night Out – September 8th – You can catch me around the NYC on my search for last minute fashion week ensembles and accessories…and if you’re swinging down Fifth Aveneue – catch me geeking out at Saks Fifth Avenue in Lenovo’s Blogger Lounge and DJ Questlove mixing all night long. QVC: 428 Broadway: As the world’s leading fashion designers take to the runway to show their latest collections in New York City, QVC® will be there with all the who, the what and especially the wear! Barbie: 40 Gansevoort Street location: Join Barbie and her favorite CFDA designers for the ULTIMATE FASHION HUNT and the chance to win some of the fall’s haute-est looks.
September 9th – the haute madness under the tents begin with fashions galore live from the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center. Check the schedule for your favorite designers at www.mbfashionweek.com. Can’t make it? The MBFW Runways is streaming the shows LIVE on YouTube here.
Edited by Meghan Donovan at WIT & Whimsy
This week’s Links a La Mode demonstrates the one thing we fashion bloggers aren’t afraid to do. Give advice. With all the shopping, hunting, reading and networking we do across a multitude of channels, it’s no surprise that we develop certain skills when it comes to finding the best bargain, tracking down the ultimate vintage find or just knowing how to dress for our body type. Read up on all of this week’s posts featured in Links a la Mode for a wealth of information for everything from dos and dont’s to curbing those nasty little shopping habits we all can be guilty of here and there.
LINKS À LA MODE: MAY 5TH
- Beautifully Invisible: Guide to Saving Fashionably
- Chic n’ Cheap Living: 5 Ways to get Your Dream Wardrobe
- Divas & Dorks: Designer Profile of Lily & Migs
- Dressing with Courage: Guide to Shopping for Vintage Online
- Everything Just So: Alexander McQueen Debuts at the Met
- Fashioned By Love: 12 Style Rules to Live By
- Fashionably Numb: Tips to Spot a Counterfeit
- Fiamma’s Fashion Spot: Nicolas Ghesquière for Balenciaga
- Her Catwalk: 6 Ways to Stop Impulse Buying
- IFB: Tips for Photographing Fashion Shows
- I Got Style & I’m Fab: Socks and Sandals: Do or Don’t?
- Lady in Lycra: Fashion Fundamentals
- My Fashion Juice: Why the Classic Trench is a Wardrobe Essential
- North on Harper: What Should Really Be in Your Clutch
- Oranges and Apples: Notes on Editorial Style Outfits
- Pink Chai: Tips to Clean Out Your Closet
- Splendiferous Inclinations: What to Wear to Summer Music Festivals
- Style Confessions: The Curvy Girl’s Guide to Looking Good in Jeans
- Style Every Day: The Online Shopper’s Guide to Free Shipping
- WIT & Whimsy: The Spring 2011 Essentials You Should be Wearing
- Words by Jessie: Patriotism Makes a Return to our Wardrobes
Here’s our weekly round up of our favorite eye-catching stories from around the web…Make sure you check out each site and follow their daily antics on Facebook, Twitter and beyond.
G Style Magazine – Purchased iPad 2: First Impressions