Headspace: Try the site's guided-mindfulnes meditation sessions on the go, for relaxation sessions that are quicker than your average cab ride. Cleveland Clinic Stress Meditations: Manage stress though any of the eight techniques in the is Wellness Institute - designed program. Stress Check: Measure your immediate stress levels and track them over time, learning novel ways to cope in the process. iSleep Easy: Deep breathing leads to deep sleeping with this app, a meditation-based substitute for sleeping pills. Yogic Breath: Tap into pranayama, or yogic breathing, with easy instruction in a selection of breathing techniques. Stress is always going to be apart of life, but it's your reaction to stress that counts. These apps offer a great alternative to wrecking your holiday plans and ruining holiday memories this season. Do you have games or favorite apps that help you combat holiday stress? If so, share your favorite apps below.
Last week, I got a behind the scenes look at the WIRED Holiday Store in New York City for the latest in all things tech on wish lists everywhere. Check out just a few of the hot items found in this behind the scenes look at the 2013 WIRED holiday store below.
- Bring music to your shower like never before with the new Moxie® showerhead + wireless speaker. Pair music, news and more to the magnetic wireless speaker. Then pop the speaker into the showerhead and get ready to shower out loud with the crisp, clean sound. Learn more at KOHLER.com/Moxie.
- Nest “Learning Thermostat” is a revolutionary tool that remembers your ideal temperature and can help you save up to 20% on heating and cooling costs by turning itself down when you’re away and offering control features from anywhere by using a phone, tablet, or computer.
- Fitbit’s “Force” is wearable wrist technology that measures your daily activity—steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, stairs climbed, active minutes, and hours slept – with the added bonus of measuring your progress over time on a computer or smartphone.
- Olloclip’s 4-in-1 Photo Lens offers 4 advanced lenses for stunning photos and video that can easily clip onto an iPhone or iPod touch, and is compatible with all your favorite apps.
- Designed for anyone who uses an iPhone to take photos and video, this superior telephoto lens delivers 2x optical magnification so you can get twice as close to what you’re photographing. The Circular Polarizing Lens (included) helps reduce reflections and makes colors truer to life.
- Powered by PrimaLoft® synthetic technology, our new ThermoBall™ jacket features down-like clusters that trap heat and retain warmth, even when wet. Ultralight and highly compressible, ThermoBall easily packs away and won’t weigh you down in the backcountry.
- Unleash the new LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 set to create & command robots to do anything you can imagine. Use the 3D building instructions to create multiple models & bring them to life with an icon-based programming interface. Take on ready-made missions or download the free app using your smart device.
- OUYA is out-of-the-box fun for people who just want to game. It’s fast, sleek, and as easy on the wallet as it is to set up. With 500+ games you can try before you buy—and more every day—OUYA is where gaming is going. Exclusively for WIRED fans, receive a $10 FREE game credit with your order.
- Complete with carbon nano-hybrid composite, hydroformed aluminum, carbon-fiber hood and more, WIRED Magazine reported that in the new 2014 Corvette Stingray, “it all comes together in driving nirvana.”
After discovering the sweet savory treat a few weeks ago, it didn’t take me long to visit Duane Reade for some of my favorite dark chocolate treats. One bite of HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand SPECIAL DARK Chocolate is an instant chocolate treat that you’ll definitely want to enjoy while surviving the holiday season. I absolutely love that Duane Reade has a great selection of dark chocolate to fit any occasion, like HERSHEY’S BLISS Dark Chocolate and HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand SPECIAL DARK Chocolate. Discover your favorite Hershey chocolates at your local Duane Reade store today! Check out my entire Duane Reade shopping experience as I explore my favorite chocolate aisle in NYC below... After snatching up several bags of my favorite chocolate treats from Duane Reade, I am ready to enjoy my holiday moments my way, every day. Discover how you can survive the chaos of the holidays with sweet treats of your own by visiting themoderationnation.com and DuaneReade.com.
Combining your holiday giving and charitable kindness; what a wonderful thing. Support a charitable cause and also gift to the one you love with (RED).org. The organization helps bring awareness and lifesaving treatments for the fight against Aids in Africa. The anti-retroviral medications are helping to combat and manage the disease helping millions of women and children live a long and healthy life.
The (RED) ManifestoEvery Generation is known for something. Let's be the one to deliver an AIDS FREE GENERATION. How does this work? “When you buy (RED) from the world’s most iconic brands, they donate up to 50% of the proceeds to fight AIDS. We’re at a tipping point in the fight - with action and urgency, it’s possible for the world to end the transmission of HIV from moms to their babies.” (red.org)
Beats by Dr. Dre contributes $5 from each Solo HD (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition headphones to the Global Fund to fight AIDS. The Beats by Dre mission is to provide a superior end-to-end music experience - with headphones, speakers, devices and services - so fans feel the emotion and hear the music the way artists intended it to sound from the studio
Starbucks is one of the key supporters of the Product (RED) campaign to raise funds to help those living HIV and AIDS in Africa, and The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. The coffee company began a partnership with (RED) in 2008 with the concept, “Your handcrafted beverage an agent of change”. The Starbucks campaign includes donations from proceeds of handcrafted drinks, coffee cards, specially designed mugs and tumblers.
Mophie powerstation (PRODUCT) RED is reliable power, capable of quickly charging virtually any USB device in the world, including the iPad and other power-hungry tablets with ease. With well known and popular brands like Apple, Starbucks, Morphie, Theory, and beats by dr. dre, you are bound to find that perfect gift. So, gift someone you love and tell them how this gift will also help those in need.
Boy Meets Girl x Roman Luxe 'Funky' Black Python Wrap Ring ($75) Fresh from NY Fashion Week, this ring was inspired by the 'Funky' avatar from the latest installment of the 'Just Dance' video game franchise. Boy Meets Girl X Roman Luxe Gold And Crystal Triangles Double Finger Ring ($95) The Boy Meets Girl by Roman Luxe gold and crystal triangles double finger ring - delivering maximum sparkle to your lovely hand. This on-trend sparkler is just the thing to dress up a casual look, or accessorize a more formal one. AlexMika Love Necklace ($80) This Sterling Silver Rhodium 18K Gunmetal is a perfect Necklace for that "Rock and Roll" girl. Shay Accessories Starburst Earrings ($380) These Swarovski crystal-encrusted earrings with vivid starbursts. Post closure. Rhodium plate. Made in the USA. MEASUREMENTS Length: 3.5in / 9cm
(Big Spender) Samsung 8000 Series Smart TVYou are winning if you gift your techie with this smart TV. The 65” LED smart TV has all the bells and whistle you expect from Samsung, including searching for TV shows and movies, connections with Netflix/Blockbuster, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Pandora, and social media updates through web services like Twitter and Facebook. But what really set this smart TV apart from the rest are the features to chat with friends, apps, and interactive TV content. With full HD 1080p display you can watch 2D and 3D quality content using 3D glasses to “immerse yourself in the picture.” But this is what your techie will love – the Smart Touch Remote with a built-in microphone and gesture control. Use your voice and gestures to control key features on the TV. Oh, and the remote control has facial recognition to log you into the smart hub. Your techie is going to geek out! Cost: $3,499 Source
(Modest Gifter) TrakDotTravel much? Then you should have this. Make sure your valuables never get lost while traveling with this handy little tracker. The Trakdot system, which includes a small sensor placed in your luggage and an app loaded on your smartphone that tracks the location of your luggage throughout your travels. The Trakdot sends to your smartphone text messages reporting the position of your luggage, so you know exactly where your items are at all times. “Trakdot™ employs newly patented mirco-electronics and ground-based cellular telephone technologies to track and report its position on the ground even while inside metal containers, such as cars, hardened suitcases, and parked aircraft.” The service can be linked to several smartphones. Trakdot luggage Sensor $59.99 One-Time Activation $8.99 Annual Service Fee $12.99 source
(Budget Baby) Window Solar Charger
Save energy and use a solar panel to charge your phone. The Window Solar Charger charges mobile phones and MP3 players at home, in the office, or in your car – just stick the charger to a window facing the sun and the solar panel will soak up those rays.
Colors: silver, black, and green
What’s the perfect stocking stuffer for an avid swimmer or runner? What do you get someone who workouts everyday with a vengeance? You gift them something cool so they can look good and something that’s performance driven so they can track their athletic progress. Here are a few gift ideas for the athlete in your life to keep in mind: Music and exercise go hand and hand, but for swimmers it just got awesome. Neptune is a waterproof MP3 player that provides the highest quality sound in the water without the use of ear buds. Neptune uses revolutionary Bone Conduction audio transmission to transmit crystal clear audio through the cheekbone directly into the inner ear. With 4GB of storage, aquatic athletes can listen to music, audio books, podcasts and more, all with incredible sound. The included charging cable also allows for quick song upload to the device. The 3-piece design has 2 side speakers and a high contrast OLED screen that sits comfortably on the back of the head. The screen shows the song, artist and play status for each use. Neptune attaches securely to Google straps and rests on the cheekbones as to not interfere with swimming technique. (Cost: $159.99)
Nike said, “It doesn't just tell time. The Nike+ SportWatch GPS keeps you motivated and on track with unique features like automatic run-reminders. It's like having your own personal running coach, right on your wrist.” The sport watch keeps track of your location, pace, distance, laps, and calories burned. It also keeps track of your heart rate – something smartphone apps can’t do. (Cost: $119.00 - $139.99)
Baby its Cold Outside and I got the hat for you. Echo’s Headphone Hat has built in headphones sewn right into the hat – not to disturb your listening or your warm comforts. Aren't they cute? No more fussing over tangled wires or your ill-fitting hat disturbing you musical flow.
The perfect gift for music lovers young and old: No cables. No Plugs. No Internet service. No problem. It syncs to your mobile device over Wi-Fi. No computer required. The service let’s you follow friends, curators, critics, and artist. What’s on heavy rotation? The heavy rotation feature works similar to what’s trending on Twitter so you know what people are constantly listening to and talking about. You can create your own playlist, share your music collection.
Wi-Fi – free for 6 months service Web – Unlimited web streaming for $4.99 a month Unlimited – Unlimited web and mobile streaming for $9.99 a month (with an option to add family members at 50% per account)
Monster said it is a game changer for the redefined DJ. This digital turn table system and production studio is portable allowing you to produce and record quality audio anywhere, anytime. All the controls a DJ needs – touch screen, beat matching, effects, touch sampler, sequencer, line in, EQ, and recorder.
5. Stick-N-Find Bluetooth Tracker - Car keys, pet collars, luggage, electronics–and more! The Stick N’ Find Bluetooth® tracker works with an app to locate lost or missing objects. Just stick the trackers to whatever you don’t want to lose and download the free app. From there, you can use Stick-N-Find trackers to monitor the locations of up to 20 objects. ($49.99)4. iConvert Scanner for iPad - Tame the paperwork jungle in your life by getting a scanner for your iPad® tablet and iPhone® device. iConvert® Scanner captures sharp, detailed images in seconds. Just tap the Save button to save your hard copies as JPEG files to your iPad tablet’s Photos folder. The iConvert Scanner will help you organize—and prevent you from losing—all your important documents. At home, it lets you save family photos, genealogy records, greeting cards, recipes and children’s artwork. ($99.99)
3. Belkin Netcam HD - Belkin NetCam HD from Verizon Wireless lets you see and hear your home in high definition, right on your smartphone or tablet. Not only does the Belkin Net Cam HD allow you to keep tabs on kids or pets from your iPhone or iPad it also alerts you instantly. You can easily configure NetCam to send you an email notification when it detects movement, allowing you to enjoy peace of mind from anywhere. (Rather than staring at your mobile device screen and waiting for your pet to reenter the room, you can simply wait for NetCam to notify you via email.) ($129.99)
iphone gifts-- 2. Parott AR.Drone Quadricopter (Power Edition) - Fly up to 165 feet from your Wi-Fi device and capture video and stills in sharp 720p HD that you can stream live or record to share with friends on YouTube, the AR.Drone community, or other sites with just a tap. Fly indoors or out. For ages 14 and up. The AR.Drone 2.0 quadricopter with on-board Wi-Fi system puts you in control via your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. ($369.99)
1. Crosley iJuke Tabletop Jukebox - A nice addition to a game room, the iJuke™ Premier brings back the simpler times rockin' around the jukebox, but in a no-fuss tabletop version.Dock and listen to your iPod® and CDs with the jukebox's dynamic full range stereo speakers. Enjoy the eye-catching neon lighting and stylish wood finish. ($239.99)
Disclaimer: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.