[Get deets on this Versatile Vacation Dress That Every Girl Must Own HERE]Senegalese twists are the perfect style for any vacation destination. From classic top buns to flowing strands caught in the beach breeze - it's truly a style that every woman must experience at least once in her lifetime. I'm glad I took the leap to try a new style and I'm sure you will too! Now that I'm stocked with Strength of Nature products, I can't wait to share my created Senegalese styles on the blog next. From updos to sleek flowing strands, Strength of Nature carries products for practically every hair type and style. For the last few weeks, I've been experimenting with a few stylish looks using the Beautiful Textures curl defining mousse and Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Coconut Oil and I can't wait to show off my latest styled creation on the blog soon... [Stay Tuned!]
[Hanging out with my good "curl"friends Kéla and Ty...]Who doesn't want big, buxom and bold curls for the next huge holiday party or family gathering? There's just something that screams holiday festive when a girl is wearing beautiful, round ringlets of curls. This week, the InStyler creators introduced the NEW TULIP Auto Curler to beauty bloggers, editors and more. With live demos within the SOHO Cutler Studio salon, guests received complementary demonstrations and styling services using the new hair tool innovation.
[Say Hello to the New TULIP InStyler Auto Curler]With never before seen technology the TULIP gives you perfect curls and waves in seconds. It's lightweight, ergonomic, open barrel design and groundbreaking dual rotating, ceramic barrel create natural, long=lasting beautiful curls and waves for hair of all types. Women can achieve a multitude of looks with this new heat styling tool. Beachy waves, soft curls, and even tight curls are sculpted within seconds. The open design and space surrounding the barrel keep hair visible at all times to prevent unwanted tangling.
[The New TULiP InStyler Auto Curler is easy to use and leaves you with big, beautiful curls]During my initial experience using the TULIP InStyler, I first noticed how light-weight and easy it was to maneuver while positioning it to curl my hair. Since the TULIP InStyler Auto Curler has 3 different rotation settings, it can easily switch the barrel right, left or to auto which alternations rotation left to right after each completed curl. That means, matter if you're a lefty or a righty - you can get perfectly luxe curls no matter what! Check out the TULIP InStyler Auto Curler demo below:
BCBG MAX AZRIAThe Hairspiration - “The hairstyle is designed by the collection’s aesthetic-- the bohemian, free-spirited woman who has style – kind of a California girl. That is why the hair is quite effortless and doesn’t look too worked on-- even though it is-- it has a little bump in the back and a middle-parting. It’s a nod to the pixie hairstyle, but not necessarily going retro.”
- To prep, we sprayed hair with CHI 44 Iron Guard ($15, ulta.com) to protect strands from thermal styling tools and create volume and a manageable texture.
- Next we blow dried with the CHI TOUCH Touchscreen Dryer ($199.95, ulta.com) but we didn’t use a brush, we use our fingers to make hair straight, but not stick straight.
- We then moved to the back and flat ironed the last two inches of the hair to make ends really straight using the CHI G2 Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron ($159.95, ulta.com).
- We left an off-center part and at the top middle of the head we blow dried hair using just our fingers to direct hair back and get a little lift at the crown.
- We finished with CHI 44 Iron Guard Style & Stay ($15.96, ulta.com), to set the style.
- Before models hit the runway, I’ll use the new CHI Escape Cordless Styling Iron ($109.95, ulta.com / avail 11/14) for last look touch ups to smooth any frizz or flyaways.
DVFDiane Von Furstenberg’s Spring/Summer 2015 Collection was inspired by the sun, sea, luxury and intrigue of the Cote d’Azur, and the people who spent time on the sun-soaked stretch of coastline in the 50s and 60s including Picasso, Gaudi and Bardot. The Hairspiration - “The collection is inspired by the South of France, San Tropez with a bit of gingham and a bit of Picasso and Gaudi influence. They were around a lot in the French Riviera during the 50’s and 60’s, but the collection is more about today.” “Brigitte Bardot was often one of the people in San Tropez, so it’s all loosely based on her – that kind of undone-sexy-lots-of-hair-volume look but not done so 60-esque but more for a girl of today.” “Brigitte Bardot wasn’t perfectly done all the time, which makes her even sexier I think. Although it’s a modern take on her look, it’s not too far from what she was already doing then.”
- “We start by prepping the hair with a good amount of BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Root Lift ($12.50, ulta.com) then to get a lot of lift and volume with our blow-dry we use a large round CHI ceramic brush ($14.95, ulta,com). Then we go over some of the ends of the hair with a CHI Air 1.5" Curling Iron." ($59.99, JCP.com)
- “Then we go section by section putting in BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Texturizing Powder ($12.50, ulta.com) on the roots to give even more volume without teasing, because the tease is more 60’s. Then we add even more powder all over the hair to get thick, gorgeous tendrils that look piecey and undone.”
- “I finish it off with BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Strong Hold Hairspray ($15.98, beautybrands.com) to hold the look. I prefer a firm hold to natural hold spray.”
- 59% of women have cried over a bad haircut.
- 19% of people say they are “more productive at work” when they have a good hair day.
- 18% of people say they are “nicer to others” when their ‘do is doing what its supposed to do.
- 46% of people would give up their daily coffee in exchange for good hair.
- 24% would close up all their social media accounts if they could have incredible hair every day.
- Only 4% of people would give up their mobile phone.
- 22% of people would give up their gym membership for incredible hair.
- More than half of people (55%) say the Ombre trend is still cool.
- A whopping 91% of people say that having a good hair day makes them feel more confident.
- Only 7% say that their hair does not affect their day in any way.