Shopping for deals and steals post-Thanksgiving has become a custom for many families and shopaholics alike, with shoppers frequenting their favorite stores with stacks of ads and coupons clutched to their chests. With the biggest holiday shopping sale moments away, like many Americans (your budget is limited…) but being the savvy shopper you are, you refuse to wait to plan your shopping strategy and that’s why you’re here! In addition to the latest Black Friday strategies and sale information, we’ve got that one tip that is sure to keep you out of long lines while getting the big savings on Black Friday below.
Black Friday Sales
From free toys to cheap electronics, find some of your tops wish list gifts on http://blackfriday.com. Looking for that 60″ VIZO television for $688? Walmart’s got it! What about 50% off top toy brands and $30 of stocking stuffers for the kids for FREE? Toys R Us has you covered!
TIP #1 MAKE A PLAN: Once you identify what you want to buy, which stores have the best sales on Black Friday and what time they open, make a decision about when and where you want to shop first. This year, many stores such as Macy’s & Kohl’s will be opening as early as midnight, but depending on your mall, the next batch of stores may not be open until 4am-6am. Plan accordingly so you’re not waiting in the cold for the next four hours!
DEAL FOR A STEAL: Looking for free money to add to your holiday spending? H&M is offering the first 100 customers in line scratch off cards with values of up to $300 for store spending! With sweaters & dresses just starting at $5 each, you can buy gifts for everyone, no matter if they’ve been naughty or nice this season! Most free-standing H&M stores will open up tonight at midnight, you better get in line early! (Check your local mall for correct Black Friday shopping hours.)
TIP #2 DON’T DRESS TO IMPRESS: Loose-fitting or comfy clothing (such as a jogging suit) and sneakers could possibly be the best Black Friday shopping outfit ever. Not only will you be spending a lot of time on your feet, but no one wants to wake up at 4am and get all gussied up. Do yourself a favor by keeping your outfit relaxed and nixing those heels!
SKIP THE LINES: Several stores (including Walmart) will let you put the Black Friday Sale items on Layaway today and get them out for the Black Friday price on Friday! If you want to avoid the lines and still get the deals, drop everything and shop now
#TIP #3 THERE’S POWER IN NUMBERS: Go with a team and attack separate stores or sections of the same store. Distributing the list by items (electronics, fashions, etc.) is also a good plan. Designate a meeting place and time to check out so you can find one another amongst all the craziness. The faster you can shop, the sooner you’ll be nursing a hot chocolate back in bed!
LESS-QUANTITY ITEMS ARE NOT WORTH YOUR QUALITY TIME: Be wary of Black Friday deals with quantity limits. If a store only has 10 items at that price, go elsewhere. Time is money and you don’t want to miss out on Black Friday sales that are actually worth waiting for!
TIP #4 HARNESS THE POWER OF YOUR SMARTPHONE: From following local stores via Twitter, double-checking ad sales via mobile internet or simply dialing a friend to lend a helping hand in carrying five flat-screen TVs home, smartphones are your BFF on Black Friday. Make sure yours is fully charged…and use it wisely!
USE TIMING WISELY: By 8am, many of those door-busting earlybirds who have been shopping since 4am have left to go home and crawl back into bed. Meanwhile, the later shoppers are just getting dressed and making waffles, preparing to hit the malls at 10am. If you wait until 8am or so, you can find empty parking lots of stores where there are still plenty of deals to be found, but nearly no lines!
TIP #5 BRING A SNACK: Only amateurs stop at the food court on Black Friday. If you think the lines are bad in the stores, you won’t believe the crowds around McDonald’s come noon! Keep granola bars or pre-packaged snacks in your bag to fight off those mid-shopping munchies. You’ll stay satisfied and can eat a healthier meal at home!
What do you think of these Tips for Black Friday success? Have you ever gone shopping on Black Friday? Will you be going this year? Where are you off to?
There’s no better time to challenge the power of your smartphone to make your life a little easier this season. Black Friday chaos, Small Business Saturday shopping and Cyber Monday is right around the corner to kick off the holiday shopping season, and this year you have the power to control your entire shopping experience. Verizon is here to help! Tis the season to shop stress free this year and enjoy your holiday weekend with the help of these helpful apps, tips and Verizon’s 4G LTE Network:
- Map out where you want to go and what route you want to take. Use VZNavigator for turn-by-turn directions, your location, and live traffic conditions to avoid the crowds. Use real-time, turn-by-turn spoken directions with street names and true-to-life images of highway and exit signs, many in 3D. Advanced navigation instructions include landmarks such as traffic lights and number of streets. Discover millions of destinations and businesses that are constantly updated for accuracy, including the nearest ATMs and low gas prices. Search by name or category: restaurants, shopping, airports, museums and more.
- If you’re interested in searching for deals by store, product categories, or most recent offers, download the TGI Black Friday App . This app lets you view Black Friday ads from all major retail stores, create a personal shopping list, and compare prices to make sure you’re getting the best deal. TGI Black Friday is currently the highest rated Black Friday app for the Apple iPhone in 2011. The free app allows you to search thousands of Black Friday deals for every major retail store. You can create a personal shopping list and use your iPhone to shop smarter and faster on Black Friday.
- Worried about your favorite team rather than a shopping deal? Don’t! With the Verizon NFL Mobile you get 24/7 access to everything NFL. Check out scores, latest news, and highlights.
- Ready for Small Business Saturday? Make sure you stay fueled so your shopping experience is a marathon not a sprint. Small Business Saturday, is Saturday, November 24th! Support local business and download the Yelp app so you know where to get the closest cup of joe or sandwich to keep you going. Find and read reviews about great local businesses near you. Looking for a burrito joint open now? An Irish pub nearby? A gas station you can drive to before your tank hits empty? Yelp for Android is here to help. Use us to search for places to eat, shop, drink, relax and play then read reviews from an active community of locals in the know.
- Cyber Monday is important and on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network you’ll be able to search and shop faster. With the Amazon.com app you can use that power to compare prices, read reviews, and buy all the latest gear and gadgets. Browse, search & buy millions of products right from your Android device. The Amazon Mobile App allows Android users to browse and “Shop by Department”, quickly search, compare prices, read reviews, share products with friends, access Gold Box Deals, and make purchases on Amazon.com.
What’s under Apple’s tree this season? Could it be the gift of savings? Apple hasn’t announced any deals for Black Friday (yet), but in this season of giving, we can only assume that Apple plans to offer huge savings for Black Friday. If 2011 is any indication as to 2012 savings, we’re in for a treat and it’s safe to write our list for what we want. Last year Apple offered respectable discounted items for the one-day shopping event including iPad savings and savings on the iPod Nano, iPod Touch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and iMac devices.
We’re checking our list twice and on our list this season, we’re asking the big red man (ahem, Apple) for:
iPad specials: In 2011, the iPad 2 was only a few months old when Black Friday rolled around, and customers enjoyed about a $50 savings. We expect the same level of savings for iPad 3 and older model iPads this year. If you haven’t bought an iPad yet because of the hefty price tag, we suggest waiting until Apple officially announces its specials. Because they will…at least we hope. Apple reduced prices on Mac last year so we predict savings on Mac products as well.
Discounts on Accessories: We expect Apple to reduce prices on accessories. Some stores offer free Apple accessories with your purchase of an iPad so be on the lookout for these savings. There’s nothing better than getting something free especially when it’s from Apple.
Shorter Lines and Less in-store Crowds: Wildly popular is Black Friday so expect to see a lot of consumers. We hope that Apple is well stocked and equipped to handle the influx of customers. How about express lines and customer service oriented sales people to direct the traffic? We don’t want our turkey & stuffing to get cold.
Participating Stores: While Apple is the go-to spot for all things Apple, other retailers like Best Buy will have possible savings on Apple products. Best Buy has its own surge of customers on Black Friday, but it’s a healthy alternative to buying your iPad directly from an Apple store. You can even buy your Apple product online and skip the long lines and overcrowding. However, in store sales seem to be the most lucrative and cost-effective.
You may be wondering about iPhones. Last year there were no iPhone savings, but you never know. These are just our predictions. Apple may have some surprises up its sleeves.
Tell us about your Black Friday experience. Do you plan on going this year? What tech pieces are you looking to get your hands on?
Ok, I won’t lie. Originally, I was thinking “How could I possibly top last week’s Fashion Friday Post?” Well, I decided to take a different approach on this one. I’ve been feeling real “stealth-like” and “secret agent-like” recently, so I decided to post something that would reflect that style….PLUS THESE MANOLO BOOTS ARE FRIGGIN HOTTTTT!
(Oh, did I mention the fact that I am in countdown mode for Fall & with it…Fall Fashions?)
Check out the specs on these killer Manolo Blahnik “Gathered-Over-The-Knee” Boots available at Neiman Marcus. (Accompanied by the “Rogue” laser-cut leather iPhone 4)
As promised, the Fashion Friday (Gadget/Fashion mashup of the week) comes to us from Gianmarco Lorenzi. These KING OF BLING BABIES are enough to surely make the most humble of girls act a complete FOOL! These are def show stoppers!!! Now they’re a little to expensive for my taste…..NAH, WHO AM I KIDDING – I’m starting a Swarvorski Capital Campaign to get me these shoes (Ya’ll with church “building funds” know what I’m talking about!) If you can afford these $3k beauties, you can get them at Gregory’s in Houston, Texas. (Paired with a blinged out Blackberry in gold & you’re set for a night on the town…)
- DID YOU ENTER TO WIN OUR APPLE iPAD?
Due to overwhelming emails of appreciation for our fashion/gadget mashups! I’m pleased to announce that we’ll be bringing you the images of hauteness each and every Friday! Yes these are Christian Louboutins – but I was sworn to secrecy about the name of the the shoe and where to find them….(but if you slip a bill my way I may name names…lol).
See ya next Friday!
- DID YOU ENTER TO WIN OUR APPLE iPAD?