New York Fashion Week Video
#NYFWRRROnce guests received complementary makeovers, many of them took to the #NYFWRRR selfie booth for unfiltered party moments shared on social media and beyond.
The #NYFWRRR Selfie Booth was in full swing and the life of the post fashion week party.
Hands on demonstration of the latest AT&T smartphones by knowledgeable product specialists.In addition to beauty services and selfies, guests enjoyed hands-on interaction with AT&T products including the LG G Vista, Amazon Fire, LG G 3, G Watch and other exciting devices sure to empower any stylish editor on the go. During the social media charged event, guests got social during the Relax, Renew and Recharge Twitter party and won amazing prizes including LG G Vista smartphones and accessories from AT&T, makeover prizes from Angela’s Hair Studio and Inglot Cosmetics, Resurgence power cases from OtterBox and more.
Guests also enjoyed a special 20% off shopping experience for the must have beauty products for Fall.Many guests walked away with giftbags filled with full size beauty products from SheaMoisture and Beautiful Textures, prizes and great memories concluding another series of New York Fashion Week events. For more information, photos and get in on the post fashion week conversations follow #NYFWRRR online and visit DigitalSorority.com.
NYFWRRR grand prize winner receives her new LG G Vista smartphone from AT&T product specialists.Thanks to our amazing sponsors Angela's Hair Studio, OtterBox, Inglot, SheaMoisture, Beautiful Textures and AT&T powering Relax, Renew and Recharge this fashion week season. See you next year!
Special thanks to all that attended #NYFWRRR from the hosts Christen, Kéla and Ty of Digital Sorority.
Designer Kianga "Kiki Kitty" Peterson (K. Milele) seen with models at HFR Editors Luncheon Sept. 4 in NYC.After media previews throughout the week, celebrities near and far gathered to NYC for the 7th Annual Harlem's Fashion Row Runway Show And Style Awards. A show filled with designers from near and far, the HFR show is one of the anticipated runway events of each season. In addition to K. Milele designs, models dominated the runway in Harlem Haberdashery, Josh and Nicol and kept fashion fans in awe during the entire show. Discover moments from the show and surprise model appearances below.
TV personalities Miss Lawrence and Bevy Smith attend Harlem's Fashion Row 7th Annual Fashion Show
Iconic model Beverly Johnson attends Harlem's Fashion Row 7th Annual Fashion Show And Style Awards
A model wearing K. Milele during HFR Fashion Show
Model wearing Harlem Haberdashery Harlem's Fashion Row 7th Annual Fashion Show
Model wearing Josh and Nicol during at Harlem's Fashion Row 7th Annual Fashion Show
Model Bree Scullark wearing K. Milele during during HFR runway show
Recording artist Fat Joe walks the runway wearing Harlem Haberdashery during HFR runway showAbout HFR Brandice Henderson, CEO and Founder of Harlem's Fashion Row, has over 12 years of experience in fashion ranging from retail, buying, costing, and production. In May 2007, Henderson created HFR and produced the first fashion show which received critical acclaim and a mention in Women's Wear Daily. In just 5 years, Brandice moved Harlem's Fashion Row from a small restaurant venue to the striking Allen Room at Lincoln Center. She's gained corporate support from companies such as Target Stores, Iman Cosmetics, Sprite Green, and BET. Harlem's Fashion Row has also been covered by NY Daily News, New York Time Out, and Jones Magazine as well as NYC TV "That's So New York", The Cut, NY Racked, Black Enterprise, and Centric. Harlem's Fashion Row is now a movement to increase diversity in fashion by producing events to teach, inspire, and encourage as well as by providing a platform for designers of color during fashion week. Harlem's Fashion Row is a business with a purpose.
With NYFW shows scattered throughout the entire city and the introduction of The Pavilion- a brand new venue at Lincoln Center, and The Hub at Hudson-a flexible presentation space for emerging talent just minutes from the Tents, it's practically impossible to watch all the shows - all the time, until now. The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2014 Collections have been much talked about over the last few weeks following the announcement of new changes for the shows and now we have your front row seat to all the action. If you're looking to find all the New York Fashion Week shows all in one place, you've found it! Watch all of the streaming New York Fashion Week shows on the go with DivasandDorks.com. Once again, we have ALL of the official Mercedes Benz Fashion Week shows streaming live on the web and on your smartphone device. That means, no matter if you're running late to a show - or if you're stuck inside a show waiting for the fashion to begin, you'll always have a constant stream of fashion in the palm of your hands - right here and right now!
The preliminary lineup for the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2014 Collections includes: NICHOLAS K, BCBGMAXAZRIA, RAOUL, RICHARD CHAI, CREATURES OF THE WIND, TADASHI SHOJI, DESIGUAL, TOME, MARISSA WEBB, DANIEL VOSOVIC, TODD SNYDER, GO RED FOR WOMEN ®/THE HEART TRUTH ® RED DRESS COLLECTIONSM, MARK AND ESTEL, ZIMMERMANN, REBECCA VALLANCE, CARMEN MARC VALVO, PEDRO DEL HIERRO MADRID, TRINA TURK, NAUTICA, REBECCA MINKOFF, HACHE, NICOLE MILLER, CHARLOTTE RONSON, ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY, EMERSON BY JACKIE FRASER-SWAN, RUFFIAN, LACOSTE, JILL STUART, SON JUNG WAN, KOONHOR, HERVÉ LÉGER BY MAX AZRIA, MARA HOFFMAN, ADEAM, IVAN AGUILAR, MONIQUE LHUILLIER, ASIA FASHION COLLECTION, VENEXIANA, LELA ROSE, DKNY, DAVID TLALE, CUSTO BARCELONA, PARKCHOONMOO, DIANE VON FURSTENBERG, VIVIENNE TAM, GEORGINE, MESKITA, MATHIEU MIRANO, CAROLINA HERRERA, NOON BY NOOR, TOMMY HILFIGER, ANGEL SANCHEZ, DENNIS BASSO, ALON LIVNÉ, MILLY BY MICHELLE SMITH, KATYA LEONOVICH, REEM ACRA, RICARDO SECO, ZAC POSEN, DONNA KARAN NEW YORK, TORY BURCH, J.CREW, BADGLEY MISCHKA, JENNY PACKHAM, DIESEL BLACK GOLD, LIBERTINE, NAEEM KHAN, CONCEPT KOREA, PAMELLA ROLAND, MM6 MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA, SKINGRAFT, THE ART INSTITUTES, MICHAEL KORS, NANETTE LEPORE, LIE SANG BONG, KAUFMANFRANCO, HUGO BOSS, BETSEY JOHNSON, MARIST COLLEGE PRESENTS BETSEY JOHNSON REPRISE, CLOVER CANYON, CUTECIRCUIT, ANNA SUI, ZANG TOI, RALPH LAUREN, RACHEL ZOE, J. MENDEL, CALVIN KLEIN, BIBHU MOHAPATRA and HERNAN LANDER. How do you keep up with all of the New York Fashion Week action? Are you running from show to show or catching the latest fashion roundups online? What are some of your favorite fashion blogs covering New York Fashion Week? Share your insights below.
1. Stop Keeping Your iPhone Plugged in Overnight...Letting your iPhone charge while you sleep at night might be convenient, but it's not the best way to keep your iPhone damage free during this busy week. Leaving your iPhone plugged in after it's already fully charged can damage your battery over time and it could start dying more quickly. Try charging it throughout the days you can unplug it once it's fully charged.
2. Give Your iPhone a Time Out...You really should be turning your phone off periodically, or your battery will die faster than it should. Leaving it on and idle stresses the battery, experts say. If you, like me - use your phone as an alarm clock, consider picking up a cheap desktop alarm and shut your phone off at night (you'll save radiation exposure AND give your smartphone the break that it deserves.)
3. Stop Leaving the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Enabled All the Time...When your iPhone has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled and isn't using one or both, it's just wasting energy. As you wander around, navigating throughout the city for your next show, you're not likely going to need or want Wi-Fi or Bluetooth all the time. You're better off leaving both off and just turning them on when you need them.
4. Filming shows in portrait mode...Hey you! Did you know that you're actually supposed to film videos horizontally - not vertically? You've seen those videos filmed in vertically mode - not cute. Film your awesome fashion week moments the correct way, so that your friends and family can enjoy them without the "black frame of death".
5. Protect Your iPhone With A Passcode...According to Apple, half of iPhone users do not lock their phones. If you don't have a passcode on your iPhone and it's stolen, your identity and personal information is completely open and available for the thief to grab. And while you're at it - quit walking around with your iPhone in your hand. Around 40 percent of the robberies in major cities (including NYC) now involve mobile devices, so it's actually pretty dangerous to walk around carelessly with your iPhone out. If you keep these tips in mind while navigating through the fashion week chaos, your iPhone will thank you and last as long as you do! Did we miss anything? What are your favorite smartphone tips and tricks you use during New York Fashion Week? Share your ideas and tips below.
1. Pack plenty of snacks! “Sometimes it’s hard to find the time to eat!” bemoans celebrity fashion stylist, Robyn Goldberg. To combat those unwelcome ‘hanger’ pains, she suggests packing a protein bar in your purse. International celebrity stylist Ann Caruso adds in her two cents, advising others to pack “healthy snacks in [your] bag like walnuts and almonds.” Seems easy enough!
2. Hydrate. Let’s face it – running from show-to-show is exhausting! Don’t forget to give your body the fuel it needs to recover. Caruso recommends, “drink green juices as much as [you] can and lots of water!”
4. Invest in a portable charger. With all the tweeting, texting and Instagramming, there’s no telling how long your phone will weather the storm! Best be safe and pack yourself a back-up charger. You won’t want to miss out on that perfect Instagram-worthy runway moment! [Check out my favorite universal portable charger here.]
5. Uber is your friend. “If you can afford it, try to get a car service or hook up with friends who do, [especially] when you have back-to-back shows in difference places,” Caruso advises, “so you are not killing yourself trying to find taxis and then being late to shows!” [Sign up for Uber and get a special discount here.]
6. Bring flats! Your feet deserve it. Really! “Keep a pair of flats in your bag for running around in between shows. Those heels can get your feet after a full day of running back and forth!” says Goldberg. Now that you have these useful New York Fashion Week and busy, non-stop week tips - where are you off to first? Are you planning to enjoy New York Fashion week? Share any of your favorite survival guide tips or links below.
She's a Detroit native, the world-reknown designer favorite of First Lady Michelle Obama and Tracy Reese has done it again with her Spring 2014 ready to wear collection. Tracy Reese Then & Now We recently spotted First Lady Michelle Obama celebrating the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington in the Tracy Reese Fall 2013 collection look that debuted in February. Take a look at FLOTUS evolving Tracy Reese styles and in case you needed a style refresher, you can check out some of our favorite Fall 2013 looks below.
THENTracy Reese Then & Now
Tracy Reese Then & Now
Tracy Reese Then & Now
Tracy Reese Then & Now
Tracy Reese Then & NowAre you ready for a vibrant, colorful and island-infused looks from the runway? The Tracy Reese Spring 2014 collection is a breath of fresh Havana air with lady like silhouettes of lace, eyelets and pastels. White lace, midi floral dresses and a flouncy tanks punctuate an airy and bright Spring 2014 collection. Add a sprinkle of "First Lady" worthy frocks and eye-catching patterns and you've got yourself a collection that you'll soon never forget.
NOWTracy Reese Then & Now
Those who are not able to snag tickets for the catwalk can naturally tune in online. Not only will the runway be on show, but model profiles, the work of makeup artists, designer fittings and celebrity arrivals will be accessible. The Topshop Google London Fashion Week collaboration makes fashion accessible to anyone with an internet connection. Topshop has already been setting up for its show on Google+ with content around the making of the event complete with model diaries and product design. Fans of the stream can also try for tickets to see the event and on February 17, exclusive content will be posted along with material onYouTube.
Ostrich feathers incorporated into 2 dresses, definitely wowed us all especially the winter white one!
Cocktail dresses and tops will get us all ready for the 2014 Gala season with Grecian inspiration. Will it long before Jason creates another custom fit for our First Lady inspired by this collection? We can hardly bare the suspense to see what other amazing work Jason will unveil this year!