It’s unavoidable. Back-to-school sales & commercials ring the alarm that Fall is fast approaching, no matter if you’re just getting settled into summer. Slowly but surely, summer styles are being pushed onto clearance racks and Fall’s trendiest looks are front and center everywhere. Department stores, magazines and more – you can’t escape it, Fall is practically here! This morning, as I perused through morning emails – I came across a gorgeous Baroque skirt and instantly thought “…but is Barouque still in style this season?” I clearly needed a refresher on Fall trends to prepare me for what’s to come & thought I’d share some of my favorite Fall trends can wear now (and a few you can try to avoid later this season) below.
1. BEANIES – The beanie is one of those runway trends that won’t ever go away (so you might as well embrace it, right?) —it’s practical and affordable, not to mention super cute. One tip: Wear it on your way to the office or a cocktail party instead of just on the weekends. The contrast is part of what makes it look so chic.
2. LAYERS & LAYERS OF LAYERING – Take a cue from BCBG and add interest to your fall outfit choices by piling on a few extra pieces. Mix textures with your pants, skirts, and tops. A sheer dress over leather pants allows you to layer without looking bulky.
3. LEOPARD PRINTS: Play with different colors of leopard this season. Classic brown and black will always be in style, so have a little bit of fun and choose a pink or red version instead.
4. WINTER WHITES – On the runway this season, head-to-toe winter white made one of the strongest impressions. Easy to assemble at any price and season-spanning, this addition for wearable trends NOW was a no-brainer.
5. BE SEEN IN GREEN: Green is officially a thing for fall 2013. From emerald to army, there’s a shade for every skin tone, hair color, and personal style.
1. CIRCUS & FOLK PRINTS – Fall collections had a thing for earthy fabrics, wild patterns, and thus the folk-inspired looks came forth. While these hand-worked motifs aren’t terribly horrific, use extreme caution when attempting these looks on your own (or you could wind up looking like a displaced circus performer).
2. ROUND SHOULDERS – (shoulder pads required.) Busty girls: Stay away. Boy-shaped girls: Stay away. Any girl that doesn’t require the use of shoulder pads while playing stadium football…. STAY AWAY.
fall fashion trends
Now that you’re equipped with a few ideas that’ll help ease you into the most fashionable time of the year, which trend are you eager to try first? Let us know below.
With New York Fashion Week right around the corner, we’re on pins & needles awaiting the chance to rock our haute Fall fashion finds. We’ve rounded up some of the coming season’s best styles and tweaked them for late summertime—so you can feel fashion-forward without breaking a sweat. Click through for our runway inspiration, styling tips and shoppable picks. Can’t wait to wear Fall fashions? Now you don’t have to…
Pretty In Peplum
Everyone’s favorite waist-defining ruffle detail isn’t going away anytime soon. We saw peplums at Marc Jacobs (left), Lanvin—and just about every major designer’s show. While it’s a bit steamy outside for a peplum jacket or maxiskirt, try a peplum-trimmed cotton tee or sheer-paneled skirt for the time being.
Marching Orders in Fashion
We spotted military-style jackets, trench coats and dresses on Altuzarra (left) and Victoria Beckham’s runways. The trick to wearing the trend right now? Skip the army-inspired coats in favor of khaki circle skirts, sleeveless combat dresses and loose-fitting button-ups in shades of olive drab. Until it’s cool enough for knee-high boots, try a sturdy-looking buckled sandal instead.
Lady-like in Leather
Leather’s long been an easy way to luxe up an outfit, but for Fall 2012, designers (like Alexander Wang, at left, and Givenchy) showed entire looks made from the material. The trick to making it work in the late summer? Pick leather shorts—preferably perforated—and add a tee or tank that’s only trimmed in the buttery material. Simple flat sandals and a sporty backpack will keep the look from heading into S&M territory.
With a variety of Fall fashion alternatives today, which trend are you looking forward to wearing sooner than later?
I know you’ve all seen the really cool and crazy runway looks that don’t necessarily translate well into everyday life. No one wants to be a lack-luster attempt at fashion or better yet, a walking fashion faux pas. Not to worry, even the most eccentric trends can inspire a great looking outfit with a few minor alterations.
Monica stuns in a great pair of teal skinnies with an easy breezy blouse. The brilliant pop of color on bottom makes the songstress look fresh and chic. Using a pop of color to contrast with neutrals will give you a fresh look without “over-styling”. If you aren’t quite comfortable wearing this brightly-paired look head to toe follow these three easy tips.
Pair your colored jeans with great accessories; think a killer watch or a fab pair of heels. Chic accessories will compliment color contrasts while accentuating other neutral areas such as the feet, wrists, ears or neck. Statement accessories work well, but be careful not to overpower your look with super busy pieces. The fashion possibilities are endless!
Avoid wearing this trend with overly complicated prints or textures. Too many patterns, colors and prints will have you looking less chic-ish & more clownish. If you are trying this look for the first time, keep it simple until you are comfortable.
Have fun pairing uncommon colors! Trends will come and go and shouldn’t be over thought. The moment you feel over styled, start from scratch until you feel confortable in your look. Try something once, if you like it great, if not move on!
$220, Joe’s Jeans THE SKINNY COLORED JEAN $165
What Fall fashion trends are you excited to try this season?
M.V.P = MOST VALUABLE PUMP
As an avid fan of the Christian Louboutin design, style and fashionable red sole heels. Could you imagine the surprise once his latest creation was revealed…just in time for Fall!
The Maggie Leopard pump embodies not one BUT TWO of the hottest fashion trends this season…COLORBLOCK & ANIMAL PRINT. And it doesn’t stop there, mixing prints and solids – he also adds a hint of texture with leopard-print calf hair details accompanied by the metal latticework cap toe. As the “IT’ shoe of the season, it’s already been seen on the likes of Jennifer Hudson and Ciara – who know’s which celeb will be spotted in the MVP next..
Maggie Leopard-Toe Pump
Ignited by tone and texture, the Christian Louboutin Maggie pump sharpens your ensemble with of-the-moment colorblocking in leather and calf hair.
- Leather with leopard-print dyed calf hair (Italy) vamp panel.
- Metal latticework cap toe; concealed platform.
- 5 1/2″ covered heel displays signature red sole.
- Leather insole.
- “Maggie” is made in Italy