Can you believe Father’s Day is right around the corner? Have you decided how you’re going to celebrate the men in your life?
Sometimes the best Father’s Day present is the gift of ease and convenience, and Verizon is definitely a one-stop shop. Thanks to the nation’s largest 4G network, Verizon can help you find the quickest, easiest Apps to give Dad this Father’s Day. Whether he loves his Android or iOS device, there’s an App out there for you to show how much you appreciate your Father this year.
Here are Verizon Wireless top App picks to show Dad this Father’s Day:
iHandy Carpenter ($1.99)- The iHandy Carpenter is the perfect App for the handyman of your house. Available on both Android and iOs devices, it provides five professional tools in one App. Users can turn to this App for a plumb bob, surface level, bubble level, steel protractor, steel ruler and inclinometer. The app is not only practical, but beautiful, with clear and crisp graphics.
ESPN ScoreCenter (Free)- Dad will never miss the score from his favorite games with this free App. With scores from the NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA and more, he will never have to ask how his favorite team is doing. In addition to scores, Dad can get breaking sports news and fresh-cut video clips streaming to his phone.
Weber’s On the Grill ($4.99)- If Dad’s a grill-master, then the Weber’s On the Grill App for Android and iOS smartphones will certainly be the gift that keeps on giving. With over 300 recipes, videos and recipe sharing, this App is great for grillers old and new. To make cooking even easier, users can create a grocery list to make shopping for their favorite meals organized and simple.
Mint (Free)- If your Father’s like most today, he probably keeps track of every penny spent. Mint is a great financial planning App that is not only 100% affordable, but helps him keep the family’s spending in check. The safe, user-friendly App helps create budgets, manage bills and keep track of spending, all from an Android or iOS device.
How to Tie a Tie (Free)- Dad works hard everyday, so there’s no reason why he can’t look good! This free App gives easy instructions on how to tie 20 of the most popular tie knots. Available on most Smartphone devices, this App ensures that your Father looks neat and stylish, no matter the occasion.
Although these Apps are great to share with your Father this Father’s Day, the list doesn’t stop here. Be sure to check out the Android Marketplace and the App Store for more fun and easy apps your Dad is sure to love.
via Verizon Wireless NY
Happy Father’s Day!!!
(Yes, it’s today!) And you haven’t bought your father his gift yet have you?
Check out our quick list of Top Five Last Minute Father’s Day gifts that will make you look like a star
(even if you aren’t his favorite child!)
1. For the Traveling Dad: This airport-friendly laptop case is ideal for the dad who’s always on the go. Cocoon Innovations’s CPS400 Laptop Case ($69.99 direct) is a shock-absorbent molded case that features the proprietary GRID-IT! Choose from seven colors, including red, black, and light gray.
2. For the Groom-Saavy Dad: If Grandpa’s electric trimmer has seen better days, then you may want to upgrade him to the Wahl Lithium Ion All In One Trimmer. What’s unique about this trimmer is that it runs on lithium ion technology, which, according to Wahl, offers triple the run time and twice the torque of a regular rechargeable electric trimmer. It’s also lightweight and will consume only the energy it needs to charge itself then it shuts down.
3. For the Outdoorsy Dad: Coleman’s LED Quad Lantern ($69.99 list) is a great gift idea for the father who loves to sit around a campfire and sleep under the stars. Powered by eight D-cell batteries, the lantern is said to operate up to 75 hours at 190 lumens. A unique feature is the four removable LED panels: each panel can be removed for lighting your way back to the tent or through the woods as you gather firewood. Each panel will operate about 1.5 hours on its rechargeable NiMH battery while it is away from the base.
4. For the Resident Grill Master Dad: If Dad can’t grill a steak or chicken to save his life, then this gadget is for him. The Talking Digital Grill Thermometer ($37.99 list) is a wireless thermometer that can be programmed to grill to one of four levels of doneness rare, medium rare, medium, and well done and then alert you when the meat is done. Simply insert the probe into your meat of choice, and the handy wireless handset will display the four levels. And since it’s wireless, your dad can take the handset into the house while he’s grabbing a beer, as long as it’s within 330 feet from the transmitter.
5. For the “Are we there yet?” Dad: The TomTom One 130-S ($99.95 list) is part of the company’s entry-level lineup. Like the $129.99 base-model One 130, the One 130-S features a 3.5-inch, 320-by-240-pixel screen, but it also offers text-to-speech functionality—albeit for an extra $20. The One devices sacrifice many of the premium features found on TomTom’s top-shelf GO products, such as Bluetooth interfaces and bundled live traffic, but the 130-S is still a solid value.