Is your smartphone low on space? Having a hard time downloading a software update due to not having enough storage? One too many photos of your super cute pooch eating up your memory (on your phone, that is)?
When the Spring finally (sorta, kinda) upon us – now is the perfect time for Spring Cleaning your smartphone and your favorite devices. Here are some solutions to declutter your phone and combat those hoarder tendencies that may come with living a digital lifestyle.
Make a move
Moving video, music, photos and personal data between your mobile phone and your computer or other USB host device can be fast and convenient with a high-capacity microSD memory card reader. SanDisk’s versatile, flash microSD memory cards allow you to directly plug in a memory card for fast movement of your favorite mobile media. Direct plug-in means no card adapter is needed, and little time is spent transferring data. Plus, you get a smartphone with freed-up space without sacrificing the media that matters.
Get a memory boost
In today’s age of accessibility, it’s easy to lose sight of the fact that limitations still exist. Once a smartphone has gotten its fill of music, photos, videos, apps and other data, it’s going to cry out for some attention. That attention could come in the form of additional memory.
A memory card on your phone essentially acts like the hard drive on your PC, boosting the storage capacity for files and data. So if you must have your favorite tunes, pictures of the pooch and the latest games at your fingertips, then it’s worth checking into phones that are compatible with memory cards, like the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, which supports microSD™ cards with up to 64 GB of extra storage.
Use it or lose it
If apps abound on your phone, it may be time to clean your mobile house. Much like the clothes you haven’t worn in a year, unused or underused apps can be a real drain on space and battery. If app overload is an ongoing issue, you might try observing a “one in, one out” rule. Every time you add a new app to your device, remove one that isn’t as necessary. Your phone will return the love by providing space for what’s really important.
Long ago, there was a time where I made sure to keep my email inbox nice and clean. Promptly responding to, deleting and filing all my emails – all the time. Handling one email inbox is one thing, but when it comes to keeping multiple email inboxes in check – organization becomes a completely new challenge. After a few failed attempts at organizing emails one by one, I’ve discovered how to clean your Gmail inbox in three easy steps.
This eCleaning is simply a way to clear the tens of hundreds (or thousands) of emails out of your inbox by marking them “as read” versus deleting or archiving all of them. After all, who knows – you may need to access info from long lost emails and as long as they’re present in your inbox, you can easily find them again using the search box tool.
Using the same search box tool, you can easily find, locate and Clean your gmail inbox in these three easy steps below.
From your Gmail inbox type IN:UNREAD in the search box and press Enter. (This will highlight all of the unread emails in your inbox.)
Click on the box in the upper-left corner of your inbox that lets you select different types of messages. Click the down arrow and choose ALL from the drop-down menu. Google will then give you an option to select all messages — conversations via a link at the top of the page. Click the link that says “Select all xx,xxx conversations in inbox” (This action will select all of the unread messages in your inbox – not just all of the unread messages on the current page.)
Now all of the unread messages in your inbox should be selected and highlighted. Click the More button above your inbox, choose Mark as read. Lastly, click OK on the confirmation pop-up window to confirm your decision to mark each and every e-mail in your inbox as read.
Viola! Your email inbox is now nice, clear and clean! I’m so proud of my now, clean inbox – I had to screenshot my inbox victory.
Do you have any tips or tricks to keep your inbox neat and organized? Share your advice below.
This post is sponsored by Pine-Sol® Clean & Disinfect with Pine-Sol®: The Powerful Scent of Clean.” I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.
The sun is shining a little more and it’s become a little more clear than ever before, the first day of Spring is only a few days away and you haven’t begun Spring cleaning the one space you spend most of your day each and every week. YOUR WORKSPACE. Call it a desk or cubical (if you’re lucky, you call it your office…) but either way, it deserves proper Spring cleaning just like everything else this time of the year. Why not invigorate your workspace with these spring cleaning and stylish tech-infused tips.
5. Eliminate Clutter – Clutter has a way of eliminating the desired mood and effect of any room. Find storage spaces for papers, paperclips, and other items that take from the personality potential of your workspace. TRY this NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System or this Rubbermaid 12-Slot Organizer.
4. Add a Digital Photo Frame – Typically hanging pictures that reflect your personality is a great way to create a custom workspace. Tech savvy divas know that “less is more” and the best way to eliminate multiple frames is to upload your photos digitally by utilizing a digital photo frame. Looking to add a little more inspiration at your station? Try adding screenshots of your favorite Pinterest boards, inspirational quotes or snarky comments to break the monotony and position the frame so that it reflects an interesting architectural element to your space. TRY adding this Coby DP700WD 7-Inch Widescreen Digital Photo Frame (Wood Design) for less than $29 bucks.
3. Bring In Plants – Greenery always adds a breath of fresh air to a room. If you don’t have a green thumb, try silk plants and trees. There’s nothing like a fresh element of nature to breathe life into a dull dreary desk. TRY this Lucky Bamboo & Silk Orchid arrangement or if you like the real thing Fresh Cut Flower Deliveries.
2. Replace The Usual Suspects – Lamps are unique workspace accessories that offer an inviting environment. Additional workspace accessories like post it note & tape dispenserscan also be easily replaced with stylish alternatives. Update your space with new and stylish accents like this Post-It Pop-up Purse Dispenser or iHome Colortunes Desk Organizer Speaker Lamp with iPod Player that make a statement & showcase your personal style.
1. Update Your Computer Desktop – Locate artwork that encompasses the theme of your workspace. It could include elements of color from photos, a lampshade, flowers or more. Adding an element of your style to your computer desktop makes completing tasks more inviting, not to mention a completely stylish work environment. Check out tons of royalty-free stock photos from Fotolia.com.
After spring cleaning my workspace, I was able to infuse a few stylish additives that makes my desk fashionable yet functional. Now if only I could apply a deep spring cleaning to my kitchen & bathroom… #DomesticDivaUnderConstruction
Are you a little extreme when it comes to cleaning? Win the Pine-Sol® Deep Clean Diva Crown and $5000. Enter Now!