During a very recent trip to Los Angeles to celebrate the arrival of the new 2016 FIAT 500X, I found myself gaining a wealth of knowledge that not only introduced the latest Fiat, but also shed a little light on the parallels of technology, love and life. The All-New FIAT 500X crossover combines classic Italian style with power, size and the capability of an available All-Wheel-Drive system—a FIAT first in America.
Check out five things I learned about love and life, inspired by driving a Fiat 500X in Southern California below…
5. Love comes in many shapes and forms. As a tall woman, it’s easy for me to fall in love with large trucks and SUVs – but once I sat inside for the 2016 FIAT 500X for the first time, I realized that sometimes great things come in small packages. Designed at Centro Stile in Turin, Italy, the all-new Fiat 500X leverages the character and iconic features of the Fiat 500 into a larger and more capable package. Featuring comfortable seating for five, the 2016 Fiat 500X interior also provides unmatched utility, featuring a large rear cargo area with a height-adjustable rear cargo floor, second-row 60/40 split seats and fold-forward front passenger seat. Who knew all of this was hidden in such a compact package?
4. Grab the keys to your happiness and go!
“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
I’ve enjoyed driving every since I was a baby, so it’s only natural that I enjoy driving today! As an infant, I would cry my eyes out at night, that is, until my parents put my in my car seat and drove me around town. I’m told that after only 10 minutes of driving around, I would fall asleep and sleep the entire night through. Fast-forward to today, with over 17 years of driving experience behind the wheel, driving is truly my therapy for calming my mind and focusing on my happiness. Who knew that finding my happiness behind the wheel, I’d be able to take something that I love and create a successful career from it! (DivasDriveInHeels.com)
3. Don’t look back! The rearview mirror was designed to give you a sense of what’s behind you. But even the mirror doesn’t give you an accurate view of just how far away you are from what you’re leaving behind. (If I wouldn’t have quit my job 5 years ago, I wouldn’t have traveled the world and would be stuck at a desk that I hated. Who knows where I’d be today.) Since objects are typically closer than they appear, my takeaway from a moment in the Fiat 500X – When you’re driving full speed ahead, look forward to what’s to come and never look back.
2. Take time to get out and enjoy the sights and sounds around you. Sure the Fiat 500X comes loaded with technology and convenience, to make the most of any trip. The Fiat 500X is available with features like Uconnect 6.5 radio with a 6.5-inch high-resolution touchscreen and navigation, Bluetooth streaming audio, Uconnect Access Via Mobile, a 3.5-inch color thin-film transistor (TFT) cluster display, Keyless Enter ‘n Go, and heated front seats and steering wheel. With all this goodness inside the Fiat 500X, it’s easy to forget about the world going on around you, but take the time to get out and enjoy the sights and sounds around you – I’m sure you won’t regret it.
1. Finally, you’re the one behind the wheel, take control of where you want to go! Of course there will always be variables that impact your success, but the one thing you’ll always have control of is your perception and reaction to what impacts you. That’s your steering wheel. While people are staring at that glass of water figuring out if it’s half empty or half full, I’ve already drank the water and quenched my thirst for life. The moment you take control of how you perceive situations and react accordingly, you create and control your own rules, and can go as far as you want!
It’s amazing how you can learn some of life’s important lessons just from living life in the moment. Hopefully this moment of learning inspired by my exhilarating drive in the all new 2016 Fiat 500X will inspire you to find time to live life to the fullest and take advantage of every moment given. Want to learn more about the Fiat 500X – check out my review of the 2016 Fiat 500X and discover how it combines iconic Italian style with functionality, performance and all wheel drive confidence at DivasDriveinHeels.com/2016Fiat500X. Like what you see? Discover more from the all new Fiat 500X and family of Fiat vehicles online at FiatUSA.com and connect via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram today!
The good people at Chrysler brought hundreds of automotive journalists and social savvy bloggers into historic Louisville, Kentucky to discover the all new 2015 Chrysler 200. The 2015 Chrysler 200 debuted a beautiful exterior design featuring the new “face” of the Chrysler brand. While the interior offers the Uconnect Access system leveraging advanced embedded cellular technology with the largest, intuitive and easy-to-use 8.4-inch touchscreen in its class.
With their hands on the wheel, Chrysler 200 customers also can use Uconnect Access to tap the power of the cloud. When a compatible (check UconnectPhone.com for device compatibility) Bluetooth mobile phone with the Message Access Profile (MAP) is paired, Uconnect Access will:
• Announce receipt of incoming texts
• Identify the senders
• “Read” the messages aloud
To respond or compose any new text, drivers need to simply dictate a message of 140 characters or less. The Uconnect system will send the message to a “cloud-based voice-recognition server,” that converts spoken words to text and “reads” it back for accuracy before sending verbatim. And it can all be done handsfree, without having to memorize any pre-approved messages. Drivers unsure of their destination and looking for popular locations around them can use their voice to conduct a Yelp search and simply say what they are looking for.
In Louisville, I linked up with Ashley Underdale with Uconnect Marketing to talk about the system and demonstrate how easy Uconnect can pair the power of your smartphone with the Chrysler 200 for the ultimate driving experience. Check out “How To” plug into Uconnect below:
As a “motor city gal living in the city of dreams,” I was beyond thrilled to hear that the Motown story would be descending upon New York City in the form of a musical and one of Motown’s biggest supporters the Chrysler brand has been announced as the driving force behind the arrival to Broadway.
“The Chrysler brand is honored to be part of this epic event that details the history of Motown, celebrates the music of its time and shares with the world how the city of Detroit serves as a source of inspiration. It’s extraordinary events such as these that helped to define the values of the Chrysler brand.” – Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer, Chrysler Group LLC.
Thursday night, as a guest of the Chrysler brand – I had the pleasure of enjoying a luxury evening filled with ground travel in the 2013 Chrysler 300, attending a very special preview of MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL as well as the celebrity-filled after party event and Liberty Theater. The preview event, held at the Nederlander Theater hosted MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL producer Kevin McCollum, director Charles Randolph-Wright, Smokey Robinson and Mr. Berry Gordy himself gracing the Nederlander stage to share their enthusiastic joy regarding the show and anticipation of it’s release next year. The cast performed select numbers from the musical which included original Motown hits like “Dancing In The Streets”, “Ball Of Confusion” and “You’re All I Need”. This intimate event was host to many of the Motown music family & friends including Aretha Franklin, Jesse Jackson, Star Jones, Gayle King, Al Sharpton and more.
MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL opens on Broadway at The Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (205 West 46 Street) on April 14, 2013 following preview performances beginning March 11, 2013. Directed by Charles Randolph-Wright, MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL is the real story of the one-of-a-kind sound that hit the airwaves in 1959 and changed America forever. This amazing show charts Motown founder and Detroit native Berry Gordy’s incredible journey from featherweight boxer to the heavyweight music mogul who launched the careers of Diana Ross and The Supremes, Michael Jackson and The Jackson Five, Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, Smokey Robinson and The Miracles, Marvin Gaye and many more. In addition to the story of the music, it also shares intimate stories behind the music such as the budding romance between Diana Ross & Berry Gordy as well as how his music shattered barriers and shaped a nation. If you’ve ever enjoyed the made for tv movies such at “The Temptations” or “Jacksons: The American Dream” then you’ll absolutely enjoy the music, dancing and story of MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL on Broaday.
Are you ready to see MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL on Broadway? What are some of your favorite Motown hits? Share below…