CES showcases more than 3,200 exhibitors, including manufacturers, developers and suppliers of consumer technology hardware, content, technology delivery systems and more; a conference program with more than 300 sessions; and more than 152,000 attendees from more than 150 countries. Las Vegas is buzzing with excitement and in less than 24hours the doors of the International Consumer Electronics Show will be opened to the world. Why wait for the doors to open tomorrow when you can get the behind the scenes sneak peak today? I'm going behind the doors of the Consumer Electronics Show to get sneak peak at over 1.9 million square feet of technology spectacle and surprises! Check out some of the CES Sneak Peek photos from the closed show floor below:
What do you want to see from the CES 2014 show floors this year? Tweet us at @DivasandDorks and we'll get you the photos and news you need! Follow all the CES fun with @DivasandDorks via #CES2014 #CesOnTrend and #ConnectedByOnStar
Starting this summer, Chevrolet will have some of the fastest vehicles on the roads, and that has nothing to do with horsepower. Chevrolet drivers will be enjoying high-speed data - made possible by a new OnStar 4G LTE connection in the vehicle, running on AT&T¹s network, the nation¹s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network. Last night at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Chevrolet announced that the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette, Impala, Malibu, and Volt d will be the first General Motors vehicles to come optionally equipped with OnStar 4G LTE. They will be followed by the Equinox, Silverado, Silverado HD, Spark and Spark EV. In the Canadian market, OnStar with 4G LTE will be introduced on the Chevrolet Trax as well. The majority of the 2015 Chevrolet lineup in the U.S and Canada will have a 4G LTE connection built-in at vehicle launch. More models will be announced later this year.
Chevrolet took infotainment personalization to a new level with Chevrolet AppShop. Accessible through an icon displayed on the available MyLink screen that allows owners to view all available apps and download them directly to the vehicle, then organize, update or delete them. Available apps will connect drivers to music, news, weather, travel information, vehicle data and more and should help keep smartphones in pockets. For live photos from last night's event and more details, check out DivasDriveInHeels.com - Chevy Adds 4G, AppShop and PDR. Stay connected with all the CES News by following @OnStar #CES2014 #ConnectedByOnStar
In celebration of everything CES, it's only fitting that we highlight one of the most fashionable surprises to come out of the big show thus far. Elektra Nails, the smartphone manicure and world’s first and only smartphone stylus nails. Women can keep their nail game fly and still work fast and accurately on their smartphones.
- Nick Cannon: This America's Got Talent host will also host Variety's Breakthrough of the Year Awards (BOTYA) at CES on Jan. 9.
- Tim Tebow and Brendan Schaub: Tebow, former NFL quarterback and upcoming college football analyst for ESPN's SEC Network, along with Schaub, an Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights competitor, will represent SOUL Electronics on Jan. 8-9.
- Pharrell Williams (pictured): The voice on Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" will sign autographs on Jan. 8 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at the Liquipel booth.
- Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson: Rapper 50 Cent will sign autographs Jan. 7 from 2 to 3 p.m. at the SMS Audio booth.
- Kristen Bell (pictured): The upcoming Kickstarter-backed Veronica Mars movie is BOTYA's honoree for Breakthrough Film, and actress Bell will accept the award.
- LeVar Burton: This Star Trek actor and Reading Rainbow icon will be on the "End of the One Hit Wonder" panel to discuss the Reading Rainbow app on Jan. 8 at 1:10 p.m.
- Vince Neil: Mötley Crüe's lead singer will shill for Marshall Headphones, as well as sign autographs in the Zound Industries booth on Jan. 8 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Robert Horry: Horry, a seven-time NBA champion, will represent ZTE Corporation on Jan. 7-8 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Josh Holloway, Marg Helgenberger and Meghan Ory: The stars of new showIntelligence will represent CNET. Holloway (Lost), Helgenberger (CSI) and Ory (Once Upon a Time) will appear at the show's party outside of TAO on Jan. 7 at 9 p.m.
- Tiësto: World renowned DJ Tiësto returns for a press conference for Audiofly on Jan. 7 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Olivia Munn: She will will receive the BOTYA's Breakthrough Actress award. She has starred in Iron Man 2 and HBO's The Newsroom and worked on The Daily Show.
- Janelle Monae: Monae, BOTYA's honoree for Breakthrough Music, released her Electric Lady album in 2013.
- Jabbawockeez: Season one winners of America's Best Dance Crew will representHisense with a performance on Jan 7 at 12 p.m. and Jan. 8-10 at 2 p.m.
- Steve Angello: This Swedish House Mafia DJ will make a cameo in Urbanears' booth on Jan. 9 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Amy Schumer: Schumer will get BOTYA's Breakthrough Comedy award for her work on Comedy Central show Inside Amy Schumer and on HBO's Girls.
- Skylar Grey: Grey, BOTYA's Breakthrough Newcomer, performed at WWE Wrestlemania, and her "Coming Home" song with Diddy was the event's theme song.
- Rohan Marley and Ky-mani Marley: The sons of musician Bob Marley. Rohan will participate in interviews Jan. 7-10 at the House of Marley booth, while Ky-mani will perform Jan. 8 at 4:30 p.m. at the same booth.
In addition to celebrities lending their talent to promote products, they'll be tons of celebs walking the show floors and checking out the latest in tech just like the rest of us. Keep up with all the star-studded CES fun with me on Instagram, Twitter and more via
For the fourth year in a row, DivasandDorks.com will be on the ground running to show you only the biggest and brightest stars that CES 2014 has to offer. This year, we’ve partnered with OnStar and General Motors to bring the hottest trends in tech directly to a screen near you with daily “tendspotting” videos daily on Fastlane.GM.com and DivasandDorks.com. What trends can you expect?
4. The Evolution of Wearable TechnologiesWe’re talking everything from fitness trackers, smartwatches and plenty of smartglasses will be in tow.
3. The Evolution of the "Smart Home"Gadgets are meant to enhance the human experience right? Check out what the notion of “smart home” really means when we redefine smart appliances and connectivity at CES.
2. Bigger, Better, Curvaceous ScreensFrom TVs to tablets and even the next greatest smartphones – expect to see a variety of bigger screens, higher-resolution displays and even a few curves to tickle your fancy.
1. The Evolution of Connected CarsWe won’t be highlighting the flash and flair of the latests cars at CES (We’ll save that for later this month at the North American International Auto Show.) but what you should expect to see is an entirely new way we connect with vehicles and more. Starting this weekend, I’ll be in Las Vegas covering everything you want to know see at the big show! Sunday afternoon, the fun begins with CES Unveiled at the Mandalay Bay and Monday, the official CES press day kicks off with press conferences early in the morning until late in the evening. CES officially begins next Tuesday, January 7, 2014, and runs through Friday. What are some of the futuristic gadgets you hope to see take off at CES? Share your predictions below...
:: UPDATED :: :: UPDATED :: :: UPDATED ::
If you like many bi-cellular consumers toting around two or more smartphones everyday, then Ive got some good news for you. What if you could add the best features from one smartphone and add it to another? As much as I love my iPhone 5s - there's just something so familiar and convenient about having a QWERTY keyboard for crafting emails and texts on the go. The market for keyboard-equipped phones is ever evolving and now media guru Ryan Seacrest is jumping into the mix -- the American Idol host is convinced that messaging mavens need real buttons. The king behind "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" he's jumping into hardware and launching the Typo Keyboard for the iPhone 5 and 5s. The Bluetooth case turns an Apple device into a makeshift BlackBerry Q10, complete with backlit, sculpted keys that cover up the iPhone's home button; (aka no access to the home button means - no multitasking for you.) The Typo Keyboard will make its formal debut at CES in early January, and it should ship that month for $99.
The Typo Keyboard case isn't the first product to attempt to bring a QWERTY keyboard to the iPhone. Others from BoxWave and Dobi have all tried to solve this age-old problem, but the use of Bluetooth is frustrating and the keyboards themselves were slow and added a lot of heft to the phone. We'll just have to wait and see if the Typo Keyboard will indeed change the game or if it'll wind up as just another failed iPhone bluetooth accessory . For more visit TypoKeyboards.com.
While enduring the massive LVCC floorplan – filled with thousands of products demos, hundreds of gifting samples and too many celebrity appearances/autograph signings to name – I’m reminded of a conversation had with a fellow technology blogger regarding celebrity tie-ins and it’s impact on the bottom line of consumer convincing sales. Don't get me wrong, months ago when it was announced that Kanye West would be the surprise celebrity performer during the Samsung Galaxy Note II press event in New York – I was ecstatic! (Mind you, I’ve been a true Kanye West fan since 2002 and this was before the whole KimYe relationship-baby-publicity stunt thing came to light…but I digress.) As much of a fan as I was of the celebity, I just don’t believe that their affiliation with a product could sway my decision to spend hundreds of dollars on a particular device. Sure, the celebrity involvement may grab the attention of consumers, but it’s the actual product quality and user experience that will translate those consumers to sales generating customers. One may beg to differ, by using celebrity endorsed weight-loss campaigns or fashion campaigns as examples of celebrity endorsements done right. In regards to those two very different segments, you could be right, without any argument from me – however, both of those industries (and quite honestly the endorsements too) are based on the psychological desires of consumers to be accepted, look a certain way or feel a certain attachment to a celebrity through a product. Because consumer electronics do not omit warm & fuzzy feelings of acceptance, desire or attachment – I believe that it’s difficult to create a highly influential consumer base by attaching a celebrity to your product for ooohs and ahhhhhs. But that’s just my opinion….what’s yours?
1. samsung, Samsung, SAMSUNG!Among the companies present at CES, Samsung will be one of the most influential. The company has evolved from challenger to champion in recent years, displacing Sony as the world's largest manufacturer of high-end TVs. Not only has Samsung produced amazing televisions, home electronics and smartphones throughout the years now with their sights set on tablets and cameras - this company is sure to set the standard for innovation during CES 2013. Why It Will Impact Your Year: This is the year where consumer electronics meets customized streaming content and word on the block is that Samsung has already begun making waves into the next level of content creation with the mSpot streaming services.
2. Connected ConvenienceThis year, if it's not ready to go out of the box, it's not truly effortlessly connected and therefore could no way become a leader in the world of connected convenience. That's what it's all about this year at CES and you'll undoubtedly see and hear more and more about Bluetooth this and WiFi that. With over 61% of households having WiFi, manufacturers are banking on making products that are easily parable and that makes the most of this new wireless lifestyle. Why It Will Impact Your Year: Have you sat in a newer model Chevy, Cadillac or Acura lately? Not only are households becoming well connected but cars are too. We're headed into a wireless world, whether you like it or not and if you want to transition with the latest in consumer electronics, you better learn how to pair that smartphone with your refridgerator, your mp3 player to your car and that tablet to your tv.
3. iEverythingEven during its' absence from CES - Apple still manages to dominate with this year's iLounge Pavilion. The iLounge Pavilion features the latest and greatest third-party accessories and software for Apple's iPod®, iPhone® and iPad®. From electronic plug-ins to fashionable cases, speakers, headphones and exciting new games and applications, you'll be amazed by the opportunities created by their great designs and features. More than 500 companies that make peripheral technologies for Apple devices have signed up to show their wares at CES. Why It Will Impact Your Year: Apple is constantly evolving it's products, from mp3 players, to smartphones and now with rumors of a new revolutionary television device - you'll definitely need to be aware of all the gadgets, accessories that could make for easy living with your new tv in the future.
4. Windows 8First off, Microsoft isn't officially at the show this year - but you can expect more Windows 8 tablets, laptops, and tablet / laptop hybrids boasting the new operating system in it's physical absence. While many of the major companies -- Dell, HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Samsung, etc. -- released Windows 8 tablets and computers before the holidays, you might be surprised at what some were holding back. We're also holding out for some interesting tablet concepts from Intel, Nvidia and others. Why It Will Impact Your Year: As supercharged laptop computers evolve, each company is not only attempting to convince you that their product is similar, but they're also becoming competitively priced to aggressively battle it out for that consumer dollar. (It's a great time to be in the market for a laptop or desktop computers.)
If you're a fan of Divas And Dorks, by now you've seen a fair share of #2013CES travel tweets and deets. (If you're new to Divas And Dorks and wondering what CES is... click here.) While many bloggers have updated articles with "How To" posts about CES - I thought there's no better way for readers to experience CES than through the eyes of a diva who's conquered Vegas plenty of times on her own. Grab those sunglasses and Advil - cause this year, I'll be vlogging daily on The Technology Hangover Show LIVE from Las Vegas. With 3,000 exhibitors and more than 150,000 expected attendees during four days starting Jan. 8, the show will be a primordial soup of controlled chaos. And at 1.9 million square feet of convention floor space that equals the area of 32 football fields, this year's CES will be the largest in its 47-year history. From touchdown to wheels up, and very little sleep in between. If you're looking for the insider's guide to CES 2013 - you've found it. Looking for the latest news and coverage from consumer giants like Samsung, Sony, Monster and more - it's here! Want to discover how nerds really get down after the conference floor closes and the dance floor opens, you definitely found the right spot! This daily series will feature a few of my favorite technology gals, celebrities and will definitely dispel the myth that What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas... Want to learn more? Check out The #2013 Technology Hangover Show teaser below and get ready for a wild ride....VEGAS STYLE BABY!!!!