LG Rollable OLED TVLG arguably surpassed its biggest rival Samsung in 2017 in terms of TV picture quality, which is no small feat considering how impressive Samsung’s TVs have always been. But LG’s 2017 OLED TV lineup was just too good. Now, imagine those big, beautiful displays could roll up into a piece of furniture or up into the ceiling when you’re not using them! That’s the direction we’re headed thanks the progress that has been made with flexible OLED display panels, and LG debuted an OLED TV at CES 2018 that can be rolled up like a piece of paper. We need one. Now.
Samsung Notebook 9 PenThe new Samsung Notebook 9 Pen is one of the most stylish new models we’ve seen at debut at the show. The housing is made out of a new material that Samsung calls Metal 12, which is says is a magnesium alloy that the company says is “incredibly light, yet unbelievably strong.” It’s essentially a mix between a Samsung convertible laptop and a Galaxy note device, offering specs like an 8th-generation Intel Core i7 chipset with 16GB of DDR4 RAM and a 512GB SSD, along with all the stylus features that make Galaxy Note devices great.
Samsung Q9SBecause 4k Tvs are so yesterday, Samsung has upped the ante with a television experience unlike anything ever seen. The new Samsung Q9S is an 85-inch 8K television with a gorgeous Samsung screen and all the bells and whistles you can imagine. There’s one feature in particular that stands out, though. Since there’s pretty much no 8K content at all, the Q9S uses artificial intelligence to upscale lower-resolution content to 8K. Who wouldn't want an upgraded viewing experience like this?
The Wall by SamsungIf wall mounted tvs are more your style, how about this new gadget, appropriately named - The Wall. No seriously, during its press conference at CES 2018, Samsung debuted an exciting new TV it calls “The Wall.” Following up last year’s “The Frame” TV that is designed to look like a piece of art when it’s not in use, The Wall consists of multiple modular MicroLED displays. The screens have no bezels, so they combine to form a single massive 8K television that measures 146-inches diagonally. If you have enough wall space in your home and dollars in your bank account, it could be the flat screen television you've been waiting for. CES Media Days featured two days of product announcements from companies both large and small. Kicking off a week filled with innovation, 29 companies hosted preshow press conferences, with product announcements including:
- Bosch - "Simply. Connected." portfolio, which highlights the use of smart city technology to revolutionize urban mobility, air quality, energy efficiency and security
- BrainCo - First affordable, non-intrusive, AI powered prosthetic hand
- Byton - Electric, self-driving, connected concept car expected to launch in late 2019
- Continental - Unveiled its long-term goal for seamless mobility and vision zero, Continental's goal of eliminating all traffic fatalities on roads
- Dynamic - Announced the world's first network-certified smart credit card technology
- Faurecia - Voice-activated cockpit of the future with Amazon Alexa
- HDMI - HDMI 2.1 Specification - the most recent update of HDMI standards and specification, supporting a higher range of A/V resolutions and bandwidth speeds
- Hisense - H10E 4K Smart ULED™ TV, and H9E Plus 4K Smart ULED™ TV
- Hyundai - New, technological flagship fuel cell electric vehicle called Nexo with advanced driver assist capabilities
- Interaxon - Partnering with Safilo to combine fashionable eyewear with Muse's brain-sensing technology
- Kia - Niro EV Concept, a fully electric compact SUV which can run 238 miles on a single charge with a 30 minute fast charge
- LG - Showcased its product integration of LG ThinQ AI - artificial intelligence products that can learn from consumers
- MobileHelp - Emergency response system for the Samsung Gear S3
- Monster - Monster Talk voice-activation technology, to be included in the Superstar Bluetooth speakers, Elements headphones and Clarity Bluetooth headphones
- Neutrogena - NeutrogenaSkin360 attaches to smartphone and uses sensors to create a personalized skincare plan
- Nucalm - Patented relaxation technology, which combines a topical cream, microcurrent stimulation via the NuCalm visor, and the NuCalm neuroacoustic software
- Panasonic - First 4K OLEDs with HDR10+ format
- Philips - Philips SmartSleep headband designed to create better quality of sleep with personalized tones and volumes
- Project Nursery - Alexa-based baby monitoring system
- Qualcomm - Processor for extensive use across 5G connectivity, automotive, and smart home tech, including low power Bluetooth audio devices and VR headsets
- Ripple - App to improve professional networking that uses Ripple's "face connect" technology, allowing users to take a picture of someone and instantly add them to a connection list
- Royole - Showcased the future of flexible technologies and the human-machine interface
- Samsung - Unveiled the IoT ecosystem "SmartThings," the Samsung Notebook 9 Pen and the Samsung Flip
- Showstoppers Launch.it - Winner of its startup pitching contest was Velco with their "Wink Bar," the first connected handlebar for bikes with smartphone compatibility
- Sony - Showcased its A8F OLED TV
- TCL - TCL Roku Smart Soundbar integrated with the Roku Entertainment Assistant
- Toyota - Announced their new self-driving mobile marketplace, e-Palette
- Valeo - Low-voltage (48V) all-electric vehicle prototype motorization system, which is 20 percent more economical than existing high-voltage solutions
- ZF - ZF ProAI, new super computer with modular and scalable architecture
...in preparation for today, BOSCH even supplied us with 'Engineer In Training' lab coats! #GeekGirlCouture
So what's going on today that requires a lab coat, you ask? We're flame-throwing our way through sizzling interactive experiments using the latest in advance kitchen appliance technology! Check back often for all the up-to-the-minute details/photos 'LIVE' from the BOSCH Kitchen Re-Engineered Retreat!10:14am - We're making pancakes! Pancakes using a heat-controlled AUTO COOK induction glass cook top. Perfect pancakes every time. 10:30am - Just cooked asparagus, salmon & chocolate chip cookies in the same convection oven AT THE SAME TIME! (the cookies taste like cookies and not like salmon...) all cooked in 15 minutes! 11:10am - We're getting ICE COLD BABY! with these ultra-cool refrigeration units. Keeping fruits fresh LONGER means this Diva can save money on groceries & spend the money saved on some new shoes! With a 125 year tradition of social commitment and environmental protection, BOSCH has made a memorable impact on this diva from cooking to cleaning and everything in between! Making cooking easy for everyday girls on the go, Bosch makes it easy to make the perfect pancakes, vegetables and even steaks with the push of the button, the AUTO CHEF button, that is... *Updated*
Top 10 Things I Learned During BOSCH's Kitchen Re-Engineered Event
10. With the BOSCH True Confection Oven, you can cook Salmon, Asparagus AND Chocolate Chip Cookies SIMULTANEOUSLY in 15 minutes (...and it tastes GREAT!)
9. Handwashing a load of dishes uses 43 Gallons of water, while the Bosch dishwasher uses only 2!
8. Using a dishwasher? DO NOT PRE-RINSE THE DISHES! Dishwashing detergent with enzymes relies on the leftover food particles to power a full clean dish.
7. Chef Brad and I both love Bosch appliances and the Apple iPad 2!
6. I've learned how to "zest" a lemon....#NICE
5. Induction cook tops heat the pan AND NOT the cook top surface! #safeforkids (PLUS! Induction cooking is 30% more efficient than traditional cooking!)
4. The Bosch appliances have the quickest self cleaning ovens EVER!
3. Most of you Divas out there use your washer & dryer more than any other appliance (including cooktop ovens and dishwashers..)
2. I can fit 8 big towels in the ultra-efficient Bosch Axxis washer! (Perfect for my laundry-over-loadin-self!)
1. Pairing red lipstick with a labcoat, red pumps & sexy specs is HAWT!
All in all, I have to say that I never really considered the importance of household appliances like dishwashers, refrigeration, washer/dryers or cooktop stoves until this experience. Without going into "Green" Overload - it really is beneficial to consider how your usage could impact the world (with energy waste) and more importantly - how it'll affect your wallet. So if you're in the market, definitely check out Bosch Appliances online and even on Twitter @BoschAppliances.
Shouts out to the amazing Bosch team as well as some of the amazing bloggers that I met during this experience!
Well ladies, with the seasons, come change and at some point you have to grow and evolve. For the entire month of April, I've been focused on improving my skills...of the domestic kind. Cooking daily, trying different recipes & cleaning like my name was "Mr. Belvedere" has been the name of the game (and I've been doing fairly-well as an NYC-girl coming out of retirement.) Bosch home appliances has seen my plight and invited me to join them in Scottsdale, Arizona for a complete hands-on experience with Bosch appliances, from cooking and refrigeration to dishwashers and laundry. As a busy businesswoman, entrepreneur, jet-setting sister, over the years I have let my skills run down the drain and have replaced it with cleaning ladies & carryout. Now it's time for me to step it back up! I'm looking forward to the experience and how Bosch home appliances could possibly make my life easier. **UPDATED** GETTING DOMESTIC WITH BOSCH!