Remember this check in on Foursquare? My team had the task of creating an entertaining 30-second video at the War Museum in London and we came up with a ‘Battle of the Sexes’ competition for the ages! We had adults running relays, kids doing tumbles & flips and more (all for the sake of our team winning the ‘Best Video Award‘.
Check out the Samsung Global Bloggers daily show featuring my team’s new video!!!
If you missed the Style Bloggers of Color conference you missed a grandiose time with amazing men and women who are stepping up what it means to be a successful blogger today. This conference was grown out of an idea in Mattie’s own words, “I figured taking this idea to the next level and creating a dynamic atmosphere + the opportunity to network with brands for my fellow bloggers would be what I wanted most for my birthday.”
Certainly the atmosphere that Mattie created was magical, a perfect storm of both newbie and seasoned bloggers, vendors catering to one’s deepest fashion and beauty desires, and industry insiders who gave the dish on how to be a successful full-time or part-time blogger. Some of the dynamic panels included:
Content is King, Consistency is Queen, Making your Mark in Social Media, Brands: What they are Looking For and How to Get to Them and One Blog: Many Hustles.
Topics were explored, questions were answered, relationships were made and inspiration was the cloud that hung over the entire conference.
Can’t wait for next year. ~ Style Bloggers Of Color 2013 ~
This past weekend, I descended upon San Diego for BlogHer 2011 with a mission on my mind and blogging in my heart! (Check out my preview of BlogHer 2011 HERE.) I’ve heard an abundance of stories, read tons of blog posts & have asked more questions that should be allowed in preparation for BlogHer 11. In addition to thought-provoking panels, the large expo hall and private brand events (and parties) – I couldn’t imagine that my biggest takeaway from BlogHer wouldn’t be the knowledge obtained, nor the swagg I hoarded — but the friendships I made absolutely made my time at BlogHer BEYOND AMAZING…
You have to check out my list of MUST FOLLOW BLOGGERS from BlogHer 11 online and hopefully you’ll have the pleasure of meeting these awesome gals in person – coming to a blogger conference near you soon!
1. @TheChattyMomma aka Tonia is a proud mom of two from Washington DC by day, and the chattiest, funniest, most dancing-est blogger by night! Tearing up the expo hall and party scene during BlogHer – she was the party queen with the energy to outlast the last dancer standing on the dancefloor. She dishes out the 411 on motherhood, pregnancy, marriage and everything else online at TheChattyMomma.com.
This is what happens when you bumrush the BlogHer Expo as soon as the door open…Tonia & I got the first pics with the Smurfs! (YESSSSSS!)
2. @LeMusingsofMoi aka Summer was the second person I met at BlogHer & exuded the warmest spirit ever! This tattooed, PB&J loving mother of two was a joy to be around during the conference. If you were lucky enough to meet her, you’d know that Summer’s sarcasm paired with a bright smile and sincerity should be requirement for all future BlogHer attendees. You can catch this self proclaimed writer, blogger, health & fitness nut who’s fashion/home decor obsessed online at LeMusingsOfMoi.com.
As we’re awaiting the opening of the BlogHer Expo — Tonia, Summer & I decided to ‘STRIKE A POSE’
3. @ThatTechChick aka Jessica aka My Blogging Sister In Crime hails from Beaumont, Texas but don’t let the Texas accent fool you. Anything tech, girly or ‘Bad Girls Club’ related, she’s all over it & don’t even get her started talking about it cause she’ll outlast the chattiest of the bunch exuding that southern hospitality & charm. She’s a fierce tech chick blogging about the best in consumer electronics and tech as and was my BlogHer roommate! You can find her online at ThatTechChick.com
During one of the best parties ever…SparkleCorn Jessica & I were rocking our glowstick necklaces hard! Sparklecorn was our time to “rave-out”!
4. @TX_Fashionista aka Veronica takes the idea of fashion beyond the wardrobe of clothes. As my BlogHer roomie, the moment we met – I knew she was super cool, super fun and would be a blast to hang out with during the weekend. She’s a fashionista that not only gives you details on the hottest looks but also the latest gadgets, auto news, home appliances and more at TXFashionista.com.
Being the geniuses that we are – Jessica, Veronica and I decided to do a 7am bootcamp the next morning…OUCH!
5. @WellConnectdMom aka Lori has the personality of the perfect TV mom with a huge affinity towards technology. Everytime I ran into Lori – I couldn’t help but smile (since she’s by far the coolest Tech Mom I know!) Lori shares her love of tech, gadgets & toys with moms to help them harness technology to make their lives easier at WellConnectedMom.com
At the Dodge – Kick Off Your Heels party, Jessica, Lori and I let our tech alter-egos take the main stage…I think we’re like tech pimps in the photos & and tech ___ in the other…LOL!
These ladies made my BlogHer experience an absolute joy! I know that I wouldn’t have had a wonderful time without them and can’t wait to do it again soon! See you at BlogHer 2012.
What is BlogHer? BlogHer is a community and media company created in partnership with women in social media. Lisa Stone,Elisa Camahort Page and Jory Des Jardins founded BlogHer in 2005 in response to the question, “Where are all the women bloggers?”
Today, BlogHer is the largest community of women who blog: 25+ million unique visitors per month (Nielsen NetRatings). Engaged, influential and info-savvy, these women come to BlogHer to seek and share advice, opinions and recommendations. BlogHer’s team works hard to bring you the best and brightest conversations, writers and speakers – online and in person.
BlogHer ’11 will bring over three thousand attendees together from all over the world to share hands-on learning, rich discussions, opportunities to meet with the brands that support them and plentiful networking opportunities…and guess who’s going to be there too? ME! (It’s not too late to sponsor me for this amazing event! If you’d like to give me $5 for a cup of coffee or $500 for the entire experience feel free to do so HERE.)
As a natural born planner, I have been preparing for BlogHer 11 in San Diego for weeks now. As my first ever BlogHer Conference (last year I found out about it while roaming down 7th Ave on a Saturday morning) I’m excited to meet fellow bloggers interested in fashion, technology and more and once again be going back to Cali. In preparation, I’ve been reading blogs about how to dress, how to plan, how to interact and even what apps to download! Can you believe that to this day, I still haven’t figured out what to wear or how to “interact” but one thing I know is that if there’s an app that’ll have my BlogHer schedule ON POINT BlogHer 11 has it covered!
The BlogHer 11 app was just released yesterday (for FREE), and I’ve already completely filled my schedule, (alternative schedule), party schedule and extracurricular activity schedule too! (available for iPhone, Android or Blackberry)
No need to print out session details, party schedules or even tickets. This app keeps everything you need to effectively enjoy your time. I’m pretty sure that San Diego will be filled with fun, fearless females on a mission to party and I’m even more sure that at least one of these things will certainly take place:
BlogHer ’11 Predictions:
4. At one point, I’ll spend a full 24-hours in a @DivasandDorks tee because of an over-achieving, late night karaoke session.
3. What happens at BlogHer WILL end up on Twitter…so beware of embarrassing Twitpics featuring yours truly.
2. Cali swag will be out of control and someone’s feet will suffer the consequences…nuff said.
1. If there’s a mechanical bull within a 10-mile radius of San Diego – I will find it…then conquer it.
So if you’re going to BlogHer 11 – I can’t wait to meet you and in case you need additional preparation check out some of these enlightening BlogHer links below.
See you in San Diego!
Thanks to Trop50 for sponsoring my writing about fabulous bloggers. This year Trop50 is granting 50 Fabulous Wishes. Click here to enter for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous!
Fab 5 Gorgeous Ladies of Blogging
It’s rare that I get a chance to talk about other bloggers on this site, but I’ve taken the time out to give honor where honor is due! As a NYC gal, I visit tons of NYC fashion and tech inspired blog sites daily – but the following fabulous bloggers and sites give me a great perspective of life beyond the concrete jungle.
“Entertainment Diva” (Atlanta, GA) TwanaTells – As a radio vet turned Blogging Diva, Twana promises “Da Truth and Nothing But Da Truth, So Help Me BLOG!” and she means it! Her site is the go to site for celebrity news and gossip with the unique and colorful commentary that only Twana can give! Follow her @TwanaTells
“The City Grrl Out West” (Austin, TX) Grrlinthewrrld – My girl Catherine give you a look inside her world in Austin, TX from “Thrifting” to “Parties”, she shows you how they do it best in the west. Check her out on Twitter @Grrlinthewrrld
“Oh So Gorgeous in Grey” (Baltimore, MD) – Ty Brown & I became Blog Sistas via Twitter before ever meeting in person! Her site Gorgeous In Grey gives an in depth look at fashion & beauty from her unique perspective showing you that anyone at any age can be gorgeous in grey! Follow her @OhMyTy
“Diva of Designing” (Washington DC) – Artiatesia (ArtiatesiasDeal) is another Fabulous blogger online that takes designing to another level! As the Creative Principal at ArtDeal Designs, a boutique design studio assisting Solopreneurs and Small Businesses with their web & graphic design needs her know how in tech definitely makes her someone you should know! Follow her @ArtDeal
“Inspirational Diva” (Detroit, MI) – Krystal at It Magazine gives you a daily dose of inspiration that will keep you going throughout your day! Her encouragement of inspiration to hope, dream & live keeps me checking out her site weekly and you should to! Follow her @itmagonlinellc
Don’t forget to enter the 50 Fabulous Wishes contest for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous. I was selected for this Tropicana Trop50 sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do. I received compensation to use and facilitate my post.
WE’RE GROWING! AND WE’RE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO GROW WITH US! Do you like reviewing fashion shows, presentations and more? Are you eager to get your hands on new gadgets to explore and review? Then we have the opportunity for you!
(1-2 years writing experience required.)
Divas and Dorks is currently seeking freelance contributors for the following areas:
- Social Media News / Entertainment
- Gadgets / Technology
- New product launches
For more information & to request an application email firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: “FREELANCE WRITER”)
Internship Program: (College applicants only)
Divas and Dorks is also accepting applicants for our “junior blogger” internship program. Applications are currntly being accepted. For more information & to request an application email email@example.com (Subject line: “INTERNSHIP”)
About Divas and Dorks: Divas and Dorks is the newest “Info-tainment” website exploring and celebrating the duality in women of all ages. From Fashionistas in search of the newest Louboutins to the Gadgenistas looking for the newest & fashionable electronic device on the market and everyone in between! No longer will you have to search countless websites for the information you need, it’s finally here all in one place. Divas and Dorks….Everything fashionable, infamous and entertaining about technology! The newest gadgets, flyest fashions and how they intertwine in entertainment and everyday life.
- DID YOU ENTER TO WIN OUR APPLE iPAD?