This past weekend (also known as one of the biggest shopping weekends in the country) – I was invited to check out one of the largest accessory superstores in the tri-state area. XSRE (aka Accessory) is one of many colossal accessory superstores in the New York / New Jersey area that caters to a true fashionista. The moment I arrived to the Paramus, NJ location my face lit up with excitement as I feast my eyes upon the XSRE accessory super store taking up over 20,000 square feet with more fashion goodies than I could’ve ever imagined.
As soon as you walk through the entrance the first thing you’ll notice is that each section of the store is divided by styles, trends and this season’s hautest colors. From trendy aisles of oxblood, seductive lace infused looks, areas of whimsical bohemian styles and even an oasis of rocker chic ensembles – XSRE doesn’t just have accessories, they also have aisles of apparel, shoes, smartphone accessories and more.
After combing each aisle and countless trips to the dressing room, I was able to score a couple of accessories and get stylish for the XSREgirl casting call of the day!
Watch all the latest videos from the Samsung Global Blogger competition as the bloggers continue exploring the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Check out the latest video challenge that the Christen and her fellow Samsung Global Bloggers endured in London. From day one – they met, created and conquered amazing videos that met up to the challenge and raised the bar for video blogging during the Olympics. Check out the first video recap on SamsungGlobalBlogger.com below…
Talk about kicking the summer off on a high note! You can’t imagine how happy I am to be selected & actually kicking off Black Enterprise Magazine’s Black Blogger Month Celebration!
Dress by: Calvin Klein (Marshall’s $49.99)
It has been a hard road & it couldn’t have been done without loyal & faithful readers like you! Make sure you check out the full Black Enterprise Black Blogger Month Interview HERE and if you’re in NYC – join me and the rest of this month’s inductees as we celebrate Black Blogger Month in style at the 40/40 club at 7pm.
IN TODAY’S BREAKING NEWS: Google announced THIS morning that it will acquire Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion. Motorola is one of 39 manufacturers of handsets that use Google’s Android operating system. Buying a hardware company is an unusual move for Google. The acquisition, Google said in a statement, “will enable Google to supercharge the Android ecosystem.”
Now here’s the conspiracy you didn’t know. By now, you’re probably at risk of being sucked into the Google ecosystem. Most of you are already waist-deep within Google’s clutches of power and don’t even know it yet.
Google has been on a mission to divide and conquer since 2001 acquiring major companies that provide the products & services that you use daily — with it’s newest acquisition of Motorola, the Google “monster” is in prime position to control many of your daily activities one moment at a time…
Five Reasons Why You’re At Risk of Becoming a Google Slave?
5. Gmail – If you own a gmail account, use google apps or utilize Google Ad words on your website, GOTCHA! One quick security breach in Google’s products could make your life a living hell! (…and let’s not even talk about the Google+ hype.)
4. SayNow – Originally created to assist the internet deprived people of Egypt (during the 2011 revolution) by allowing phone messages to be tweeted through Twitter’s #Egypt hashtag, now acquired by Google, SayNow has the ability to become a communications lifeline, if (God-forbid) we have a huge internet shutdown or mutiny. Who will we have to look to for help? Google wins again.
3. Blogger – If you use the free blogging platform Blogger, for all of your online blogging needs – then you already know how dependent you are on Google to make sure everything is right – if not, you and your blog are subject to an epic fail!
2. YouTube – Who doesn’t utilize YouTube for a little in-office free time fun or to upload precious family moments or pure ridiculousness? Can you imagine what would happen if YouTube suddenly disappeared? You can’t — and that’s just where Google wants you.
1. Motorola – Can you hear me now? If you’re a Droid user (now controlled by Google) then it totally depends on what Google wants you to hear. Google CEO Larry Page says “Our acquisition of Motorola will increase competition by strengthening Google’s patent portfolio, which will enable us to better protect Android from anti-competitive threats from Microsoft, Apple and other companies.” – (side eyes) it sounds good, only time will tell how this acquisition will affect Droid and the user-experience in the future, just remember – if it goes to crap, you know who to blame.
Google is on a roll to control every aspect of a person’s online & offline life – it’s only a matter of time until the next acquisition could change the way we live in an instant, we’ll just have to wait and see who’s next to come under the Google umbrella and hope that it changes everything for the better and not for the worse.
Which Google product are you dependent on?
Do you think you can walk away from using Google forever?
With my continued journey for excellence, I’ve learned ways to learn from so many outlets – from conversations with other blog owners to reading online and even reading books. (You remember those right?) Recently, I decided to obtain a summer reading list which includes a mini list of books designed to make one a better writer, blog owner, salesman and more!
Let me be the first to say, I’m not the most eager person when it comes to reading a book (let alone several of them.) There are so many things that can inhabit your time, from living up the summer life to keeping track of all the social media fun inhabiting the internet. But one thing I can say about dedicating time to read the books within our summer reading list…
1. YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING THAT WILL HELP YOU BECOME A BETTER BLOGGER.
With that being said, Welcome to the “Become A Better Blogger Bookclub” or “Become A Better Businessperson Bookclub”…also known as #BBBB on Twitter
Throughout this summer, we’ll begin with reading a book that not only lends itself as an “easy to read” guide on writing killer content – but also give tips on creating content that will engage customers and ignite your business…(So before you write this off as a “blogger” bookclub – think of it more as a business person’s bookclub.)
Content Rules – How to create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and more) that Engage customers and Ignite Your Business
By Ann Handley and C.C. Chapman
“Whether it’s bite-sized tweets that allow you to forge relationships on Twitter, blog posts that give your readers must-have advice, ebooks or white papers that engage (and don’t bore), videos that share the human side of your company, interactive webinars that deliver a valuable learning experience or podcasts that can be downloaded and listened to on the fly (and more!)…now more than ever, content rules!
This book is for everyone from bloggers, business owners and even regular tweeters…so let’s talk about it!
The #BBBB discuss will be on Twitter every Wednesday starting tomorrow – July 6th. We’ll discuss prominent points in the book and how they relate to our individual journeys in business, blogging and more!