Holidays, Festivities and Damaged Devices? SquareTrade Infographic Details
I know many of you are planning on getting a loved one a gadget. Whether it’s a phone or tablet these gadgets are expensive and must be taken care of. But accidents happen. Check out this infographic put together by SquareTrade of how devices are damaged. I often talk about purchasing products, but it’s good to protect them (I know you’ve heard me say it many times before).
So what holiday festivities damage devices the most? Check out SquareTrade’s infographic below:
What’s the most common way to damage a gadget? I’m super careful with my gadgets but one time the smallest tumble caused an entire screen to crack due to the raised glass. I personally think that SquareTrade has better (and more affordable policies than most store warranty packages).
· 1 in 8 households in America have damaged a laptop, phone, camera or tablet during the holidays,
· 35% of devices damaged during the holidays were mobile phones,
· Nearly twice as many iPhones were reported damaged during the holidays as Samsung smartphones, and
· 51% of damages during the holiday season is attributed to holiday activities
– traveling (22%)
– shopping (12%)
– cooking (10%)
– decorating (7%)
Do you believe in warranties or do you think it’s a waste of money. I think they are good for long term investments like laptops and very expensive tablets.
- iPads (2-year plan) – $99.00
- Samsung Galaxy phones (2-year plan) – $99.00
- Moto X (2-year plan) – $125.00
- Tablets (excluding iPads) – 2-year plan
- Tablets and eReaders priced from $0-$99: $19.99
- Tablets and eReaders priced from $100-$149.00: $29.99
- Tablets and eReaders priced from $150 – $249.00: $49.99
- Tablets and eReaders priced from $250-$299.99: $59.99
- Tablets and eReaders priced from $300-$399.99: $74.99
- Tablets and eReaders priced from $400-$499.99: $99.99
- Tablets and eReaders priced from $500-$749.99: $124.99
- Tablets and eReaders priced from $750-$999.99: $164.99
I think this would make a great gift for those on your list who aren’t careful with their gadgets. Keep that in mind.
SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers for its fast and exceptional service. SquareTrade protects mobile devices, laptops and tablets, and other consumer electronics and appliances from malfunctions, accidental damage and life’s frequent mishaps. Unlike old-fashioned warranties, SquareTrade is designed for today’s consumer and uses innovative technology to deliver a zero hassle claims process. SquareTrade has more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently wins industry awards and receives thousands of 5-star reviews for its legendary customer service. Top retailers around the world offer SquareTrade, achieving significant sales growth and happier customers. Privately held, SquareTrade’s investors include Bain Capital and Bain Capital Ventures. SquareTrade is headquartered in San Francisco and London. For more information, go to www.squaretrade.com.