Six Tips To Survive New York Fashion Week Like A Pro
New York Fashion Week is upon us, and after sifting through this season’s fashion week invitations – it’s clear that it’s time to try something efficient and new this year. There are tons of shows underneath the Lincoln Center tents and well spread throughout the city, which had me wondering to myself – how in the world will I survive them all (without burning out)? After eight New York Fashion Week seasons under my belt, I’ve received valuable advice from fashion photographers, PR professionals, celebrity stylists and more and have collected six successful tips to survive New York Fashion Week like a pro below…
1. Pack plenty of snacks! “Sometimes it’s hard to find the time to eat!” bemoans celebrity fashion stylist, Robyn Goldberg. To combat those unwelcome ‘hanger’ pains, she suggests packing a protein bar in your purse. International celebrity stylist Ann Caruso adds in her two cents, advising others to pack “healthy snacks in [your] bag like walnuts and almonds.” Seems easy enough!
2. Hydrate. Let’s face it – running from show-to-show is exhausting! Don’t forget to give your body the fuel it needs to recover. Caruso recommends, “drink green juices as much as [you] can and lots of water!”
3. Use ShopTrotter to shop on the go with ease. New York’s shopping scene can feel like one giant rat maze. Make your life easier by using the ShopTrotter app! Map out your route ahead of time, or simply use the geo-location feature to find stores nearby.
4. Invest in a portable charger. With all the tweeting, texting and Instagramming, there’s no telling how long your phone will weather the storm! Best be safe and pack yourself a back-up charger. You won’t want to miss out on that perfect Instagram-worthy runway moment! [Check out my favorite universal portable charger here.]
5. Uber is your friend. “If you can afford it, try to get a car service or hook up with friends who do, [especially] when you have back-to-back shows in difference places,” Caruso advises, “so you are not killing yourself trying to find taxis and then being late to shows!” [Sign up for Uber and get a special discount here.]
6. Bring flats! Your feet deserve it. Really! “Keep a pair of flats in your bag for running around in between shows. Those heels can get your feet after a full day of running back and forth!” says Goldberg.
Now that you have these useful New York Fashion Week and busy, non-stop week tips – where are you off to first? Are you planning to enjoy New York Fashion week? Share any of your favorite survival guide tips or links below.