NYFW Uncovered: Backstage With Tracy Reese and SheaMoisture Spring 2016 RTW Collection
According to Bok-Hee, Lead Hair Stylist for SheaMoisture, this year’s theme was simple. “Sheer transparency enhanced by ‘moments of shine’ set the tone for the Tracy Reese collection this season. While distinctive details such as color and embellishment came into play, the vision was to keep the woman looking natural and truly authentic.”
- Fight frizz and nourish hair by working in SheaMoisture Professional Curl Leave-In Conditioner.
- Parcel out small portions of hair around the crown of the head to be set aside and gather the rest to be pulled into a low chignon.
- Apply SheaMoisture Professional Finish Blow Dry Cream throughout hair as you pull it into a low ponytail at the nape. Layer SheaMoisture Professional Vibrant Color Shine Glaze onto strands to provide the ultimate clear shine boost.
- To create the chignon, gently twist the hair from the nape of the neck to the ends, and then begin to coil it in a counter-clockwise circle. Continue to twist the hair into a bun shape using the index finger to hold it in place.Secure sides of the bun with bobby pins. Gently pull and loosen the edges of the bun to get the desired shape, then secure with more bobby pins.
- With the remaining wispy pieces of hair, apply SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Texture Spray and use a teasing brush to create structure.
- Finish by spraying SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist for hold and hydration.