Meet iOS 7, Apple’s New Look and Feel To iPhone and iPad Coming Soon
The entire OS has been redesigned from top-to-bottom: form icons to graphic textures to even the font. Apple made sure to cover all bases as the new UI now supports gesture-based navigation, card-like full multitasking, and folders that now support hundreds of apps instead of capping off at 16.
Apple iOS 7 Highlighted Features:
- AirDrop – allows to share photos/files/documents to another nearby iOS users using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- App Store – now automatically updates apps in the background and shows popular app based on your location.
- Flickr + Vimeo integration within the OS for sharing/uploading.
- Notification Center – improved design & support for to work better for you.
- Control Center – shortcut to Quick Settings ( Brightness control, Airplane mode, turn radios on/off)
- Safari – now offers full screen browsing and a new look of tabs that can support more than just 8.
- Camera/Photos – built-in filters, better organization, & can now share videos via iCloud.
- Siri – now has male & female voices, more intelligent, can access radios + settings, & more app integration w/ apps like Twitter, Wikipedia, & Bing.
- iTunes Radio – We told you about this last week. Apple’s new streaming radio service that allows you to listen to songs on demand, create listening station based on select artists, albums, or genres. The service will be free with ads but iTunes Match users can enjoy it ad-free.
- FaceTime now supports audio calls over Wi-Fi.
- You can now block phone calls & FaceTime calls/messages.