How To: Get Better Battery Life On Apple iOS 7
October 4th, 2013 by Rod
For the many of consumers who have yet to upgrade to the Apple iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c but got iOS 7 software upgrade, you may have noticed that it may have taken a toll on your already short battery life. Now that a few weeks have passed, you can tell if this is detrimental to your battery.
How To Get Better Battery Life on Apple iOS 7:
- Automatic App Updates (Settings > iTunes + App Store > Turn off Apps) - the new software allows you to refresh apps automatically like on Android. Save on juice and turn it off!
- Background App Refresh (Settings > General > Background App Refresh) - iOS 7 beefs up the multitasking for your iPhone by keeping apps running in the background. Stop it if you don't need it and more than likely don't.
- Location Services (Settings > Privacy > Location Services) - this uses your GPS w/ Wi-Fi & cell tower support to determine your location for mapping & geotagging services. Turn most or all of them off unless you use Maps/Google Maps, Siri, & Weather.
- Spotlight Search Indexing (Settings > General > Spotlight Search) - the universal search for iOS got better by tracking new data from anything you do. If you don't use it then kill it.
- Set Auto-Lock to 1 minute or less
- Turn off the Music EQ
- Use headphones instead of the speaker if you have to listen to audio or music
- Turn down the screen brightness or use auto-brightness
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not using it
- Set all Mail, Contacts, and Calendar accounts to Fetch instead of receiving Push notifications