Five Reasons Why Buying The iPad Mini Is A BAD IDEA
It’s arrived in stores today with lack-luster thunder…yeah right. Of course the masses will follow suit yet again and purchase Apple’s newest miniature iPad… Why? Because spending hard earned cash on anything Apple-related is always a great idea.. Right? WRONG.. Based on a few recent updates, redesigns and contrasts against similar mini tablets on the market, it’s safe to say that buying the iPad Mini today is a bad, BAD IDEA.
5. The iPad Mini costs too much, ($329) especially considering the lower resolution of its 7.9-inch non-Retina Display. The A5 processor isn’t as robust as the one in the fourth-gen iPad and iPhone 5. Typing on the smaller screen is not quite as comfy.
4. Based on numerous reports, crowds waiting in line at Apple retail stores are A LOT smaller than they have been in the past for other launches. Which means that if there isn’t a great demand for the product, you probably shouldn’t be clamoring for one in your hands too soon.
3. If you thought buying an iPad Mini today would get you the lightning speed you need, think again. Apple isn’t launching the LTE-enabled iPad Minis until later in the month. (Talk about a bait & switch…) This is a significant factor in analysts predicting WEAK opening weekend sales for the new device.
2. Something as small as the iPad Mini should at least have multiple functions like the Galaxy Note II. What’s the use of carrying a smaller tablet AND a smartphone if you don’t have to?
1. Buying the iPad Mini opening weekend reinforces the idea that it’s okay to create updated versions of devices sooner than loyal consumers can afford them. There are countless iPad 2 and even New iPad owners that will not be buying the iPad mini or 4th generation iPad because it’s too much, too soon. Next thing you know, Apple will be expecting consumers to sell their first borns just to keep up with purchasing the production of new idevices…Good Luck With That…
What do you think? Will you become a new iPad Mini owner this weekend?