Planning an epic trip to the Caribbean soon? There’s much more to discover than just fun in the sun. The island of Jamaica offers miles and miles of beautiful coastlines and exhilarating adventures. You can discover all beauty the island has to offer just by spotting the simple pleasures that mother nature placed right before your eyes. Thanks to the wonderful team at Visit Jamaica and Beautiful Textures, I recently got the opportunity to uncover 10 beautiful moments awaiting you in Jamaica and hopefully it’ll inspire you to enjoy the Caribbean soon.
10. Eating fresh sugar cane picked from the earth.
Jamaica is one of the largest exporters of sugar cane in the world. During my visit, I had the chance to witness fresh sugar cane plucked from the earth, chopped, peeled and it was SWEET!
9. Partaking in authentic rum-inspired beverages.
1 oz. Creme de Menthe, green
1/2 oz. Liqueur, banana
1/2 oz. Rum, overproof/151 proof
1 oz. Grenadine
The true Bob Marley is grenadine at the bottom, creme de menthe in the middle, and 151 plus creme de bananna, so it makes the red, green and yellow of the celebrated Rastafarian colors. Drink and ENJOY!
8. Charter the ocean in a jammin sea vessel.
7. Drinking fresh coconut water with a bamboo straw for a better body, skin and health!
6. Discover the country-side of Jamaica with friends.
You’ve heard the phrase “country bumpkin” but you’ve never experienced the country-side of Jamaica until you visit Jamaica’s River Bumpkin farm! Hidden away behind the lush Trelawny forests, this quaint plantation takes you off the beaten path to a site brimming with history and excitement. From river tubing and kayaking down the gentle river’s edge, to biking past some of the most beautiful landscape Jamaica has to offer, this natural gem is the perfect place to connect with nature.
5. Indulge in a limestone and olive oil foot massage.
4. Take in authentic Jamaican cuisine.
3. Cruise the calm Jamaican river with local tour guides.
2. Share beauty tips and trends with local sisters-in-style.
1. Enjoy the breathtaking beauty of a Caribbean sunset from the Atlantic Ocean.