Whether it’s your home, kids, office area (cubicle included) or mischievous pets – keeping a watchful eye on what’s important to you with the Belkin NetCam HD could be your next best tech investment. Recently, I got the chance to check out the Belkin NetCam HD from Verizon Wireless and the unit could not have arrived at a better time. There have been a couple of random times where I’ve come home from a long day to find that my pet chihuahua (Phoebe) has escaped from her kennel and finding solace and sleep in my comfortable bed. (I’m not THAT pet parent to sleep with dogs, so you KNOW I wasn’t a happy camper finding pet hair in my bed.) But I couldn’t figure out for the life of me, how she’s escaped. Until now.
Using the Belkin NetCam HD, I mounted the over my bedroom door positioned at an angle where I can see both Phoebe and my bed. The view angle of the camera can be adjusted using the swivel style base. The bottom of the base has screw slots, so it is possible to mount the base on a flat surface and / or a wall. With the Belkin NetCam, you won’t need an ethernet cable or be required to dork around with settings on your router. All you will need is an iOS or Android device with WiFi capability and a WiFi router setup in the location where you plan to mount the netcam.
After mounting the camera, I downloaded the free app on my iPhone 5s (the app looks identical on an Android device too). Once I went through the easy steps to configure the camera with the app, I was well on my way to figuring out this doggy mystery. Since the camera itself alerts me via smartphone to any motion it detects (even using night vision), it was only a matter of time until I discovered Phoeobe’s escape artistry first hand.
You can keep a watchful eye on what’s important to you with a Belkin NetCam HD of your own from Verizon Wireless. Try your luck by entering to WIN inside the Diva Days Of Christmas giveaway or get yours for $129.99 directly from VerizonWireless.com.
It’s so hard to please a techie with tech products. They know it all and seen it all. So if you want to impress them with some awesome tech gifts you got to go big. Well we can help you with that. Here are 3 innovative gift ideas for a techie that we love.
(Big Spender) Samsung 8000 Series Smart TV
You are winning if you gift your techie with this smart TV. The 65” LED smart TV has all the bells and whistle you expect from Samsung, including searching for TV shows and movies, connections with Netflix/Blockbuster, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Pandora, and social media updates through web services like Twitter and Facebook. But what really set this smart TV apart from the rest are the features to chat with friends, apps, and interactive TV content. With full HD 1080p display you can watch 2D and 3D quality content using 3D glasses to “immerse yourself in the picture.” But this is what your techie will love – the Smart Touch Remote with a built-in microphone and gesture control. Use your voice and gestures to control key features on the TV. Oh, and the remote control has facial recognition to log you into the smart hub. Your techie is going to geek out!
(Modest Gifter) TrakDot
Travel much? Then you should have this. Make sure your valuables never get lost while traveling with this handy little tracker. The Trakdot system, which includes a small sensor placed in your luggage and an app loaded on your smartphone that tracks the location of your luggage throughout your travels. The Trakdot sends to your smartphone text messages reporting the position of your luggage, so you know exactly where your items are at all times.
“Trakdot™ employs newly patented mirco-electronics and ground-based cellular telephone technologies to track and report its position on the ground even while inside metal containers, such as cars, hardened suitcases, and parked aircraft.”
The service can be linked to several smartphones.
Trakdot luggage Sensor $59.99
One-Time Activation $8.99
Annual Service Fee $12.99
(Budget Baby) Window Solar Charger
Save energy and use a solar panel to charge your phone. The Window Solar Charger charges mobile phones and MP3 players at home, in the office, or in your car – just stick the charger to a window facing the sun and the solar panel will soak up those rays.
Colors: silver, black, and green
If you like many bi-cellular consumers toting around two or more smartphones everyday, then Ive got some good news for you. What if you could add the best features from one smartphone and add it to another? As much as I love my iPhone 5s – there’s just something so familiar and convenient about having a QWERTY keyboard for crafting emails and texts on the go. The market for keyboard-equipped phones is ever evolving and now media guru Ryan Seacrest is jumping into the mix – the American Idol host is convinced that messaging mavens need real buttons. The king behind “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” he’s jumping into hardware and launching the Typo Keyboard for the iPhone 5 and 5s.
The Bluetooth case turns an Apple device into a makeshift BlackBerry Q10, complete with backlit, sculpted keys that cover up the iPhone’s home button; (aka no access to the home button means – no multitasking for you.) The Typo Keyboard will make its formal debut at CES in early January, and it should ship that month for $99.
The Typo Keyboard case isn’t the first product to attempt to bring a QWERTY keyboard to the iPhone. Others from BoxWave and Dobi have all tried to solve this age-old problem, but the use of Bluetooth is frustrating and the keyboards themselves were slow and added a lot of heft to the phone. We’ll just have to wait and see if the Typo Keyboard will indeed change the game or if it’ll wind up as just another failed iPhone bluetooth accessory . For more visit TypoKeyboards.com.
It’s no denying that holiday shopping season can be mentally and financially exhausting. With so many ways to shop these days, wouldn’t you like to make the most of your shopping time & efforts? Shopping with Isis could make a huge difference in your next shopping trip. Isis Mobile Wallet (with Verizon Wireless) is making serious strides as the go-to digital wallet for consumers. Like Google Wallet, Isis uses a technology called near-field communication, or NFC, which enables customers to wave their phone at special cash registers to pay for anything including quick bite to eat or cab ride across town. Isis isn’t just a digital wallet either, it can also improve your shopping experience with freebies, discounts and these three shopping benefits…
1. Safe & Secure transactions - Wondering how the Isis Mobile Wallet protects your payment information? Your payment credentials are stored in a chip called the Secure Element contained within your smartphone. The Secure Element is isolated from your phone’s main operating system and hardware allowing access only to Isis Mobile Wallet, to initiate transactions. Plus, the Isis Mobile Wallet must be accessed by a user-selected PIN, which is another layer of protection for all of your transactions.
2. Loyalty Cards - Loyalty cards within the Isis Mobile Wallet are digital versions of your existing merchant loyalty cards. You can load loyalty cards for any participating merchant listed in the app directory. Then you can present these cards when you make a purchase for redeemable discounts and coupons as usual. Get rid of those annoying loyalty key fobs, with Isis – everything is conveniently located in all in one place.
3. Convenient (Tap), Pay and Go - With SmartTap, you can make a payment, present your loyalty card or redeem an offer by tapping the payment terminal with your Smartphone. Look for the Isis SmartTap symbol on or around the payment terminal to see if this feature is available. When you use SmartTap, loyalty cards are automatically recognized. However, offers have to be manually selected by you first before they can be redeemed through SmartTap.
To make shopping easier & even more rewarding, Isis Mobile Wallet customers can use My Coke Rewards and Isis to get three free drinks at select vending machines, while Jamba Juice is giving away 1 million free smoothies to Isis users. Purchases made from an American Express Serve account through the Isis wallet are eligible for a 20 percent discount (up to $200). For more on Isis Mobile Wallet and to discover if your smartphone is eligible visit VerizonWireless.com today.
Disclosure: Please note that I often tweet using #VZWBuzz – VZWBuzz tweets include a 24/7 conversation and a Friday mobile lifestyle Twitter chat with an emphasis on providing information and education about devices, apps and tools useful to consumers. While the hash tag is sponsored by Verizon Wireless, the opinions I express tagged #VZWBuzz are my own.
Exercise Your Technology – Three Gift Ideas for the Athlete in Your Life
What’s the perfect stocking stuffer for an avid swimmer or runner? What do you get someone who workouts everyday with a vengeance? You gift them something cool so they can look good and something that’s performance driven so they can track their athletic progress. Here are a few gift ideas for the athlete in your life to keep in mind:
Music and exercise go hand and hand, but for swimmers it just got awesome. Neptune is a waterproof MP3 player that provides the highest quality sound in the water without the use of ear buds. Neptune uses revolutionary Bone Conduction audio transmission to transmit crystal clear audio through the cheekbone directly into the inner ear.
With 4GB of storage, aquatic athletes can listen to music, audio books, podcasts and more, all with incredible sound. The included charging cable also allows for quick song upload to the device. The 3-piece design has 2 side speakers and a high contrast OLED screen that sits comfortably on the back of the head. The screen shows the song, artist and play status for each use. Neptune attaches securely to Google straps and rests on the cheekbones as to not interfere with swimming technique. (Cost: $159.99)
Train like a professional. Touted as the ultimate electro muscle stimulator, the Compex Wireless Muscle Stimulator helps athletes reach ultimate performance and a better competitive edge. Using electrode placement it helps with training, injury prevention, and recovery and treating pain. Working wirelessly it tracks your progress and specifications by sport and body zone conveniently and available online. (Cost: $1,400.00)
Nike said, “It doesn’t just tell time. The Nike+ SportWatch GPS keeps you motivated and on track with unique features like automatic run-reminders. It’s like having your own personal running coach, right on your wrist.” The sport watch keeps track of your location, pace, distance, laps, and calories burned. It also keeps track of your heart rate – something smartphone apps can’t do. (Cost: $119.00 – $139.99)
By now everyone knows my adoration for anything golden. There’s just something opulent about technology draped in gold that keeps this diva wanting more and more! So you could only imagine my excitement and glee when I discovered that there’s an Alexander Wang Beats By Dre collection in the works – just in time for the holidays. That’s right! Famed designer, Alexander Wang has partnered with Beats By Dre to create a golden luxury audio collection, and that is just music to my ears.
Beats by Dr. Dre has partnered with New York Fashion Designer Alexander Wang to design an exclusive limited-edition collection of custom Beats products that are the most sought after gifts this holiday season. The limited pieces consist of Alexander Wang’s signature pale gold accents and matte black finishes, each with their own embossed glossy stingray case with zipper and clip. The Alexander Wang collection complements the powerful, premium sound from Beats with a luxurious flair.
“The limited edition collection for Beats by Dr. Dre include my favorite headphones and portable speaker, which I personally love to use. For this collaboration with Beats by Dr. Dre, it felt right and a natural choice for me to give the Beats Studio headphones, Beats Pill and Urbeats earbuds a clean, minimal look with a luxe sensibility.” – Alexander Wang
Alexander Wang Beats By Dre
Alexander Wang Beats By Dre
Available beginning December 15, the Alexander Wang x Beats by Dr. Dre Collection will include the company’s signature Beats Studio headphones, the Beats Pill portable wireless speaker and the Urbeats earbuds. The collection will be available in a private, one-day event before being offered to the public on December 15. For your chance to buy these limited edition statement pieces
How often are you jamming to music? Is it two hours per day, mornings or evenings? What device are you using? Is it your smartphone, tablet, TV, surround sound system, or your component set (yeah your old)?
Did you know: 92% of African Americans and 94% of Hispanics listen to 60 hours of music each month? (source)
Of those, millennials are overwhelmingly listening to online radio like Pandora, Blog Talk Radio, and Live365. Hmmm, armed with this information, what are the best Christmas gifts for your music lover? Here are our Top 3 picks of gifts for any music lover:
Baby its Cold Outside and I got the hat for you. Echo’s Headphone Hat has built in headphones sewn right into the hat – not to disturb your listening or your warm comforts. Aren’t they cute? No more fussing over tangled wires or your ill-fitting hat disturbing you musical flow.
The perfect gift for music lovers young and old: No cables. No Plugs. No Internet service. No problem. It syncs to your mobile device over Wi-Fi. No computer required. The service let’s you follow friends, curators, critics, and artist. What’s on heavy rotation? The heavy rotation feature works similar to what’s trending on Twitter so you know what people are constantly listening to and talking about. You can create your own playlist, share your music collection.
Wi-Fi – free for 6 months service
Web – Unlimited web streaming for $4.99 a month
Unlimited – Unlimited web and mobile streaming for $9.99 a month (with an option to add family members at 50% per account)
Monster said it is a game changer for the redefined DJ. This digital turn table system and production studio is portable allowing you to produce and record quality audio anywhere, anytime. All the controls a DJ needs – touch screen, beat matching, effects, touch sampler, sequencer, line in, EQ, and recorder.
Are you on #TeamiPhone or know someone that would love an Apple accessory gift? Do you have someone on your gift list that absolutely adores any and everything iOS related? If you or your someone you know are in love with the latest Apple devices then this is the checklist for you. Check out these five gifts that are perfect for the iPhone, iPod and iPad fan in your life today!
5. Stick-N-Find Bluetooth Tracker – Car keys, pet collars, luggage, electronics–and more! The Stick N’ Find Bluetooth® tracker works with an app to locate lost or missing objects. Just stick the trackers to whatever you don’t want to lose and download the free app. From there, you can use Stick-N-Find trackers to monitor the locations of up to 20 objects. ($49.99)
4. iConvert Scanner for iPad – Tame the paperwork jungle in your life by getting a scanner for your iPad® tablet and iPhone® device. iConvert® Scanner captures sharp, detailed images in seconds. Just tap the Save button to save your hard copies as JPEG files to your iPad tablet’s Photos folder. The iConvert Scanner will help you organize—and prevent you from losing—all your important documents. At home, it lets you save family photos, genealogy records, greeting cards, recipes and children’s artwork. ($99.99)
3. Belkin Netcam HD - Belkin NetCam HD from Verizon Wireless lets you see and hear your home in high definition, right on your smartphone or tablet. Not only does the Belkin Net Cam HD allow you to keep tabs on kids or pets from your iPhone or iPad it also alerts you instantly. You can easily configure NetCam to send you an email notification when it detects movement, allowing you to enjoy peace of mind from anywhere. (Rather than staring at your mobile device screen and waiting for your pet to reenter the room, you can simply wait for NetCam to notify you via email.) ($129.99)
2. Parott AR.Drone Quadricopter (Power Edition) - Fly up to 165 feet from your Wi-Fi device and capture video and stills in sharp 720p HD that you can stream live or record to share with friends on YouTube, the AR.Drone community, or other sites with just a tap. Fly indoors or out. For ages 14 and up. The AR.Drone 2.0 quadricopter with on-board Wi-Fi system puts you in control via your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. ($369.99)
1. Crosley iJuke Tabletop Jukebox - A nice addition to a game room, the iJuke™ Premier brings back the simpler times rockin’ around the jukebox, but in a no-fuss tabletop version.Dock and listen to your iPod® and CDs with the jukebox’s dynamic full range stereo speakers. Enjoy the eye-catching neon lighting and stylish wood finish. ($239.99)